Memorial Day

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By TeresaV
  • 2 Post By MrsLat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 05:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wondering what everyone is planning for Memorial Day.

I plan to complete the nursery for Ellianna. We have all the furniture except one piece - just received a call that it came in. Going to get it over the weekend (or perhaps Friday). The bookcase for the room was also just too large. I had DH make a dollhouse bookcase (looks like a large dollhouse and holds books ) He has it almost complete and then I can paint it (outside) this weekend. Hopefully it will dry quickly and then I can fill it. I also want to complete cleaning our first child's room and our room. A quick clean up downstairs and then I am ready for her in the event of an early arrival. We also ordered our picnic table (old one really old). If we have extra time - it is hot dogs out by the pool! Let's get some great weather.

May 23rd, 2013, 05:16 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We're going to the beach for the weekend. My sister has a beach house and will be there with her family. I'm hoping for good weather. I should be doing other things like getting started on the nursery bedding or organizing the girls' summer clothes.
Kim3 likes this.
May 23rd, 2013, 05:55 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kim you must post pics of the bookcase your DH made. I wanna see!!
We will be attending my cousins wedding this weekend and so we will be hanging out with family and I am sure I will spend most of the day with relatives groping my stomach.

May 23rd, 2013, 05:58 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
DH wanted to go up north for the weekend but 4 days is just to much for me so we are going to go up Sunday and come home Monday. Its suppose to be in the 60's all weekend too. Its going to be bitter sweet though since this will be the last time we go up to be at the house his dad started building when DH was a kid. He sold it and they are in the process of packing. I only wish it had not sold until after DH had the chance to take little man up there.

May 23rd, 2013, 09:01 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
My husband's birthday is Sunday and we have a celebration service that day for church. And swimming other than that nothing.
Kim3 likes this.

May 23rd, 2013, 09:08 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not. A. Thing.

My family isn't doing anything for memorial day so SO and I will just go about our normal routine. The most our family does is just have a picnic, anyway. And with me and my great aunt's DIL about to pop, it's probably a good thing we're not doing anything. SO will have work and I'll probably do what I always do. Spend my day figuring out what to make for supper and finding small things to do to keep myself busy. Unless they decide to induce me this weekend or something. I doubt it, though.

May 23rd, 2013, 09:30 AM
Rochelle
hmmm.. nothing I guess. We haven't talked about it. I would say the beach but I'm sure it will be packed there and I'd rather be there when it's not crowded. Maybe we'll grill out some hotdogs.
May 23rd, 2013, 09:56 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
My big kiddo has his appt at the children's hospital tomorrow, my nieces' birthday party is Saturday, and DH has softball all day on Sunday. Of course, it is supposed to rain ALL WEEKEND, so the softball may not happen and if so then we'll be doing a lot of nothing but working on the house.
May 23rd, 2013, 11:04 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If I have my way....having a baby.
Kim3 likes this.

May 23rd, 2013, 11:46 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My birthday is on Memorial Day, the 27th. So I am going to be partying it up like a 38 week pregnant chick! So that pretty much means I will be sitting on the couch eating all the cake and ice cream I want Maybe I will even get crazy and take a nap.
loveneverfails and MamaSkunk like this.

May 23rd, 2013, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
Kim you must post pics of the bookcase your DH made. I wanna see!!
We will be attending my cousins wedding this weekend and so we will be hanging out with family and I am sure I will spend most of the day with relatives groping my stomach.
I will do! DH cut all the pieces and I hear him doing the nails now. I wanted a bookcase for the room and all the furniture we purchased of antique white. The bookcase that came with it is huge. All the other ones I found where pure white. This will let us have a solid wood one painted the antique white (Paint store can do a color match for us). It is also a fraction of the cost of what is in the store. I will be able to tell Ellianna that Daddy made it just for her.

May 23rd, 2013, 06:16 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post
I will do! DH cut all the pieces and I hear him doing the nails now. I wanted a bookcase for the room and all the furniture we purchased of antique white. The bookcase that came with it is huge. All the other ones I found where pure white. This will let us have a solid wood one painted the antique white (Paint store can do a color match for us). It is also a fraction of the cost of what is in the store. I will be able to tell Ellianna that Daddy made it just for her.
So jealous. I hinted to DH that it would be really special if he made a toy chest. He hasn't even started one.

May 23rd, 2013, 08:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
My husband's birthday is Sunday and we have a celebration service that day for church. And swimming other than that nothing.
We have the same birthdays

May 23rd, 2013, 08:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea what we're doing. Probably trying to finish things up around the house and DH has been trying to fix his cars to sell them. He has to get something else that can fit everyone. So we may be car shopping but we can't buy anything until he sells his other car.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search