Is this normal? Weight question

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By rcjh12
  • 2 Post By mommyandwife08

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 06:37 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost 16 lbs the first few months of pregnancy, and I've gained most of that back.
I had gained about 15 of it back at my appt 2 weeks ago. Went to the doctor yesterday over my eye, and I'm back down 2 lbs. Woke up today, and I'm down 1.5 lbs from what I'd last weighed myself at home.

So, my question is, is it normal to lose weight this late in the game? I thought I'd really be packing it on at this point.
May 23rd, 2013, 06:42 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was 13lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight a few weeks ago, and as of last week I'd lost 2lbs (so a total of 11lbs now). They weren't worried and I think that this late in the game, as long as baby looks okay, they chalk it up to the swelling. I know that the swelling in my ankles, legs, and hands goes up and down dramatically and that can make a difference on the scale. As well as the time of your appointment and if you've had anything to eat or drink that day. I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if the doctor hasn't said anything. But that's just me.

May 23rd, 2013, 06:46 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've not had any swelling. But, I do go to the bathroom alot, if you know what I mean
May 23rd, 2013, 06:50 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No swelling? Wow. My ankles would swell up just because of work even before I got pregnant. And my fingers look like sausages first thing in the morning. Lucky!

And yeah, a full bladder or a full belly can have a lot to do with the weight, too.

May 23rd, 2013, 06:54 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
It could still be water weight even if you don't show a lot of swelling. I have some swelling in my hands and feet, but not outrageous amounts. Yet I gained 5 lbs in a week between appointments. My doctor said she could see swelling in other areas, under my eyes, etc. that I hadn't really noticed, and she was sure that the weight gain was from that. So it is possible you gained a bunch of water weight and have started to shed some of it.
Hopeful2BMommy and eshute like this.
May 23rd, 2013, 07:02 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been having that to. I have noticed it may have something to do with how much I am going to the bathroom. Also I am sure some of it is water weight.
Hopeful2BMommy and eshute like this.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
May 23rd, 2013, 09:04 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
It can depend on so many things. I wouldnt be too worried. Even not pregnant your weight fluctuates day to day even hour to hour.

May 23rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost 6 pounds in a few days when my doc started me on BP meds. It was all water weight. Since then I have lost another 2 pounds, which my doctor said is normal because at this point appetite can be an issue as well as getting full quicker because the stomach is so squished, and therefore smaller.

May 23rd, 2013, 11:52 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, its normal! Your hormones shift in the last month which can make you lose some water weight like PP said. Plus the last few weeks the baby's weight gain slows down. I went down about 3lbs at my 34 week apt and I haven't gained it back.

May 23rd, 2013, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
As long as baby is still growing then your weight really doesn't matter...just think of it as a head start

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search