35 weeks and discouraged

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 08:06 AM
My pregnancy has gone pretty good so far. Other than some nausea that was enough to cause me not to gain much weight, everything has been healthy. I did have some crazy bouts with anxiety, depression and lack of motivation. I just didn't feel like reading anything about pregnancy. I just wanted to be done with it and have the baby out. I haven't done much research at all.

Well, I'm finally getting excited and interested in the experience. When my nurse midwife said shed be out of town during my due date, so now at 35 weeks I have to meet someone new! her replacement seems nice, but I was thinking if I have to change providers, might as well look into having baby at the birth center here. My pregnancy has been healthy, so why be at the hospital? When I could be in a comfortable room with lots of privacy. I was actually getting excited about the idea and how I could let my body take over and do what it's meant to do.

But hubby is not supportive of the birth center idea. He was fine with me doing a visit there but still wants a hospital birth because if anything happens we would already be in The hospital. It was really discouraging. Now I'm barely hanging on to any excitement. It was hard to get excited in the first place. Now, I'm just starting to not care again. Just put the epidural in and let's get this over with. I'm afraid now that my disappointment is going to cause my labor to have problems.

I was excited about sharing the experience with him...now, not so much.
May 23rd, 2013, 08:29 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Big hugs!

Have you toured the hospital also? You can still have your natural birth in a hospital setting. Labor as long as you can at home and then head in. I don't know much about birth centers. Is there a medical team on stand by? How far from the hospital?

Sometimes it is really hard when our SO/DH feel strongly about something in the opposite direction. Maybe you can find out what is exact fears are and talk them over with the birth center together. He may be thinking Birth Center = home birth.

Don't let it get you down. This is a big exciting time and in the end, how your baby gets here is less important than you both being safe. Don't get so caught up in the method of delivery that you let it overshadow the fact that the most amazing little person is about to change you forever, in the best way possible.

Kat.
May 23rd, 2013, 10:07 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Birth centers depending on the type are pretty similar to a home birth, unless they are attached to an actual hospital. It took a lot to convince my hubby to have a home birth. He now is a huge advocate for normal pregnancy of course. I would sit down with him and discuss things with him. Hugs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search