Nesting

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By crawmommy
  • 1 Post By Gen88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 10:30 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Anyone else nesting?

I don't know what else to call it but I've been a mad cleaning woman! In the past three days, I've done all the laundry, cleaned out all the closets, cleaned out the children's rooms, and just finished steam cleaning the carpet. Plus I worked last evening and work tonight as well. I'm sure it will catch up to me soon!
May 23rd, 2013, 10:47 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a house cleaner. I normally hate cleaning. Even doing the dishes puts me in a bad mood. Haha. But this morning, the alarm goes off at 7am and by 7:30 I've already swept the kitchen floor. Did the dishes while SO was at his interview (I normally leave them for the afternoon). Thinking about vacuuming even though I just did it and it'd be nearly pointless. It's driving me crazy that SO keeps throwing his stuff on the floor on his side of the bed, when normally I'm guilty of the same thing. Pretty sure that this is my version of nesting. Haha.

May 23rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup. And just like last time my nesting inevitably abandons the cleaning aspect and instead focuses on projects. Last time I knitted and knitted and knitted until I thought my hands would fall off. This time I'm making a few slings for friends. I've already knitted two hats and wound wool to make my own dryer balls to beat the crap out of the pique material I used for the slings. Pique is very sturdy for a sling but it's a bit stiff/rough.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 23rd, 2013, 12:01 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go through alternating periods of nesting and then complete and utter exhaustion! This morning I went nuts and cleaned the whole house. Yesterday while borrowing my mom's car, I even broke out a lysol wipe at the stoplight and started wiping stuff down... lol.
MamaSkunk likes this.

May 23rd, 2013, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I want to nest but im really lazy!
rcjh12 likes this.

May 23rd, 2013, 12:47 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawmommy View Post
I want to nest but im really lazy!
That's me, too =\ I look at all the things I need to take care of, but just no energy or motivation to work on them. I don't remember ever really having the nesting urge with my boys either.
May 23rd, 2013, 12:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh definitely been nesting for the like 2 months now lol, it's gotten worse these past 2 weeks, I literally clean every day. I just wanna make sure everything is clean and all the laundry is done for my boys in case I go in to labor. I dont wanna come back home to a mess.

May 23rd, 2013, 02:53 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been on and off. Today I tried to finish washing the remainder baby stuff that needed to be washed but in laws still had stuff in both washer and dryer since like 2 days ago (ewww gross...still in washer) so I haven't been able to get that done. I can't vacuum as we have moved stuff around in our room to paint the nursery area. I would like to get stuff done but just can't

May 23rd, 2013, 02:59 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha yes I am nesting last night I resteamcleaned the carpets as I decided they needed it again except I kept going over and over them til the water didn't come back dirty lol and I wiped all the walls and baseboards down....with Lysol wipes lol.

May 23rd, 2013, 03:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
Haha yes I am nesting last night I resteamcleaned the carpets as I decided they needed it again except I kept going over and over them til the water didn't come back dirty lol and I wiped all the walls and baseboards down....with Lysol wipes lol.
Haha I've been wiping my walls down too! DH thinks I'm nuts! I even sweep my front porch and drive way. People probably think I'm crazy! They're probably like oh look there's the crazy pregnant lady sweeping her drive way again! Ok I'm off to clean the inside of my car so I can install her car seat today
MamaSkunk likes this.

May 23rd, 2013, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I really want to clean...but I'm just so tired, lazy and just unable to move around that much.
May 23rd, 2013, 07:31 PM
Super Mommy
i seem to go through phases. i'm either cleaning like a mad woman or sitting on my butt as much as possible. i'm to the point now where i'm getting sick of cleaning and having it messed up two seconds later (thanks to DS lol) i'm like why do i even bother?!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search