New to the June DDC/ disappointment - long ...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By eshute
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Hello,my name is Lana and I am 39 weeks pregnant. I was a part of the May DDC, but had deleted my account a few months back. My EDD is May 30th, but due to the lack of progress my body is making it looks like I will deliver in June.
May has been a hellish month as my husband and I were in the process of buying a house and then the sellers backed out, we were able to find a new house, but then the closing got pushed back on this one to the day before my EDD. At work there was a lot of turnover in my dept. and as one of the senior team members I got stuck with a lot of training etc. At my 38 week appt my blood pressure was higher than normal, but still good. My Dr. had asked what was gong on. I explained and she asked how I felt about induction. I said I was all for it because the stress was getting to me as well as the pelvic pain.
For all of my cervical checks I have had barely a fingertip dilation and no effacement. I have not lost a mucus plug etc. Anyway the induction was scheduled for me to come in last night at 11 pm and I would get cytotec to soften the cervix starting at midnight. I like having things planned out so I was so excited to get this show on the road. So at 12 am got first pill, had contractions - didn't even realize it, but then at 4 was checked again no increase in dilation and only a slight change in cervix so received another cytotec. At around 7:30 my Dr. came in and was going to break my water and put me on pitocin. Well when she checked me my cervix still hadn't ripened so she said it would be best to not go any further because that could lead to a c-section. She said if the baby isn't ready we shouldn't push it. I didn't want a c-section so I agreed, but I started bawling because I so thought today would be my day to have my son. I was excited that he would be born on mine and my husband's anniversary. I can't seem to stop crying and feel like my whole birth experience is ruined. I am mad at the baby and my body. It took me over 2 yrs to get pregnant. I have pcos and it just seems like I can never get my body to cooperate. We close on our house next week and I started my leave from work which now seems like a waste. I feel like I have now wasted part of my 12 weeks of FMLA. I hate when things don't go as planned and now I feel like I can't even enjoy going into birth when it does happen.
Thanks for letting me vent
May 23rd, 2013, 12:51 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Welcome to the June ddc. Is this your first? It's very normal for ftms to go past their edd. Babies can't read calendars. I am so sorry you are having a rough time. This group is very supportive. Hang in there your baby will be here soon!

May 23rd, 2013, 01:11 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry to hear that things didn't work with the cytotec...I imagine that that would be a huge disappointment. Welcome to the June DDC, we are happy to have you! We just started having babies around here.
ltemp45 likes this.

May 23rd, 2013, 01:53 PM
Thanks ladies, yes this is my first. I so thought he would actually be early. For a month now people have looked at me funny when I said I was due May 30th because they thought it looked like I was due sooner. I have been waddling for quite awhile.
May 23rd, 2013, 02:02 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
First time moms the average is 41 +3. Baby can play tons of games until the end. I know it's frustrating but your little man just isn't ready yet.

May 23rd, 2013, 02:08 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
welcome!! I'm sorry you are disappointed, remember babies are not here for your schedule, they are here on their own schedule. Take this time to relax, do natural techniques for the baby. Remember what got the baby in, gets the baby out..

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

May 23rd, 2013, 02:16 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the June DDC! I'm sorry the cytotec didn't work and now you're just sort of waiting. I'm sure that's really frustrating. The ladies around here are wonderful and have a ton of great advice and experience to share.

Personally, I'm a planner myself. I even got mad at my SO last night because he kept changing the plan for dinner. I can completely sympathize about being frustrated about not having a plan! I also have PCOS and developed high blood pressure around 34 weeks. I was really disappointed that my body had suddenly let me down and now I'm facing an induction if baby doesn't come by 39 weeks. I keep telling myself that my body has in fact stepped up to the plate - I have PCOS and my body somehow, some way managed to get pregnant and carry this human life. Many ladies with PCOS never get pregnant, but somehow my (and your) body came through. Don't look at it like a failure, look at it as a triumph! You overcame the odds!
MommaMandaPanda89 likes this.

May 23rd, 2013, 02:19 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the June DDC. Don't feel bad. Almost 75% of first time moms go a week past their due date. And don't be mad at the baby for not wanting to share your wedding anniversary. He just wants his own special day to himself and when he's ready he will come. Hang in there the end is near!
MommaMandaPanda89 likes this.

May 23rd, 2013, 08:30 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Welcome to the June group. I'm sorry things didn't go as planned but it's great your doctor didn't push things. You don't want a c-section or a nicu baby if you can help it (I got both). It's funny you wanted a baby on your anniversary. I purposefully ate so I couldn't have a baby on my anniversary. I wanted her to have her own day.
I bet your body will surprise you and do things when it's ready. Hang in there.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
May 24th, 2013, 05:18 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Welcome to the June DDC!! Try not to be too disappointed that the first induction didn't work it. Your doc really is great to hold off without you having progressed. I do understand wanting to have everything planned out. I am the same way. It's hard to let go and let your body and this baby do their own thing.

Tags
induction , no dilation

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search