36 week appt today. I'm Angry and disappointed.

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By crawmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 09:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I had my 36 week appt today. I am trying to be positive is I am going to start out by saying that both babies are healthy which I am very thankful for. BUT I cannot help feeling angry & disappointed.

Baby A is still head down & is estiated to weigh 5lbs. Baby B weighs 7lbs1oz and is now breech!!! BREECH. Baby was head down then 2 weeks ago went transverse & now breech. I know I know it can turn again however it is sounding like that will be an act of god if that happens. I now have to have a c section and I JUST WANT TO CRY!!!!! I know I just need to be glad I have healthy babies & hope the delivery keeps all of us safe but now that a c section is a reality not a possibility I am just sad. I told my dr that I am angry but I ill try to get over it. Drs told me bc baby B is do much bigger than A that it is not safe to try to turn baby B after A is born but if A was bigger than B or pretty close in size then they could maybe attempt it but not in my situation booooo!
I would seriously do about ANYTHING to try and flip B head down. I asked about an inversion they said with twins this late in the game there is no room. I have been looking into spinning babies online but from what I read it sounds like it is not very likely to turn the non presenting twin which for me is Baby B. I need to read more online tonight.
Anyway how the heck am I gonna take care of twins & a 4.5 year old and recover from a c section???? Plus the issues of not having a vaginal birth so my body knows to do what needs to be done like producing milk. It s just such a game changer for me. Not to mention just the let down of this more than likely being my last pregnancy & not getting the experience I have imagined. Vaginally, being able to hold my babies right away and being able to take care of my babies on my own.
Ok I'm rambling now...I'm just lost and dh just doesn't get it.
Ok to end this post my cervix is completly closed if I go into labor on my own they will do an u/s to see what position babies are in and if nothing has changed then prep for c section.. My doctor & the high risk dr decided that if these babies don't come by June 8 then I have an induction/ c section date scheduled for June 10th or June 8th is a spot opens up.

May 23rd, 2013, 09:10 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry, that really sucks! I have an appointment next week and they are going to check and see if little man is still breech, I'm hoping and praying he isn't because I don't want a csection either! I completely understand your being so upset/angry/frustrated! Especially because baby flipped this late in the game! But, it's fantastic that they are both healthy and still hanging in there!
May 23rd, 2013, 09:17 PM
Super Mommy
Hugs, I am so sorry this has been difficult for you. I wonder why your doctor isn't comfortable delivering a breech baby? I really have no idea about twin births, but I know some doctors are uncomfortable delivering breech and some aren't. If it's any consolation, I know tons of c section mamas who have been totally successful at breastfeeding after their babies are born. I'll pray for you that baby decides to flip by itself. I know it can be so frustrating not being able to experience your desired birth experience, this is my third pregnancy that I will most like be induced with, and that really upsets me, I've had to come to terms with the fact that I start having problems in late pregnancy and need to be watched closely. Will be thinking of you.
May 23rd, 2013, 09:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyla0709 View Post
Hugs, I am so sorry this has been difficult for you. I wonder why your doctor isn't comfortable delivering a breech baby? I really have no idea about twin births, but I know some doctors are uncomfortable delivering breech and some aren't. If it's any consolation, I know tons of c section mamas who have been totally successful at breastfeeding after their babies are born. I'll pray for you that baby decides to flip by itself. I know it can be so frustrating not being able to experience your desired birth experience, this is my third pregnancy that I will most like be induced with, and that really upsets me, I've had to come to terms with the fact that I start having problems in late pregnancy and need to be watched closely. Will be thinking of you.
Thanks Kyla my drs are fine with delivering breech but with there being a huge size difference the risk is just too high of baby b's head getting stuck bc baby A is so much smaller/smaller head & won't 'pave the way' for baby B is the reason I guess.

May 23rd, 2013, 09:46 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Huge hugs Hun. Maybe a chiro who knows Webster?

May 23rd, 2013, 10:31 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawmommy View Post
Plus the issues of not having a vaginal birth so my body knows to do what needs to be done like producing milk.
Had to comment on this. With all three of my c/s's so far I've had no problems at all with my milk coming in. Once those babies are suckling, your body will react at that time. I'm sure vag births make things a tad easier on that front but I wouldn't think by that much.

But you def deserve hugs with all the stress you're under with this. I know it's a huge let down. I'm praying that something happens between now and then to change the game for you. You have every right to be angry. But, have faith in yourself, you can do this. Your mommy adrenaline will kick in and you'll become a super-super mom to those babies. But, I've never had twins so I'm going to shut my yap now.

I'll be thinking of you.
May 23rd, 2013, 10:39 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Huge hugs Melissa!! I know how much it means to you to try and do natural birth with these babies so I completely understand your disappointment. Try not to be too upset though cause we did know a c section was a possibility with these lil ones. And please try to remember that ultimately your safety and of course babies safety is what it comes down too. It does often seem that babies have a way of reminding us they are in charge of so much of their births. As far as taking care of twins and little Ms. Your DH had better do his darnedest to help you or he will end up with me on your doorstep to chew him an earful lol. And above all I am just a text away if you need to talk. I'm always here for you due date buddy!!
crawmommy likes this.

May 23rd, 2013, 10:46 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really don't know what to add. I am so sorry. I can't imagine how disappointed you must feel. I understand the twins c-section. My twins are the reason I am a repeat c/s mama. It was frustrating to not have the experience I was hoping for. You do feel a little robbed. But I was able to get breastmilk pretty easy despite it, so try not to stress too much on that front.

Because I am having a c/s and I have two younger kids, we are paying for some temporary childcare for them while I recover. We can't afford to do it for more than a few weeks, but it will at least help me recover. Maybe its something you could consider.

Just big hugs. I am really sorry, again.

May 24th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Hugs hon. I remember how disappointed I was when I found out my first was breached and I wasn't going to be able to deliver vaginally. (I could have but the risks were just to much for me to risk it plus I ended up with an emergency c-section). I will say that I've had 2 c-sections now and it never hindered my milk production though. I've dealt with taking care of a 3 year old with a newborn and recovering and now I'll deal with a 4 1/2 year old, 19 month old and a newborn. It will be rough but just take it one day at a time. Hugs mama

May 24th, 2013, 05:50 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I had something helpful to say, but I just wanted to send hugs and say I'm sorry it's not working out the way you had hoped. I will pray for a flipped baby B and a baby A that stays put! Good luck, however things turn out!

May 24th, 2013, 06:01 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. When my doctor first mentioned an induction many of the same thoughts went through my head and my mind just spiraled out of control. Unfortunately some things are out of our control and we just need to pray for healthy babies and leave the rest up to fate or faith or whatever you believe in. It sounds like both babies are doing great, so that is certainly something worth celebrating. I truly hope things end up going your way.

May 24th, 2013, 06:03 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*hugs* I can't imagine how frustrating and disappointing that must be! I hope baby turns and you can have the birth you were hoping for! Good luck and KUP.

May 24th, 2013, 06:16 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a tough time excepting I was going to need a csection with my DD because she was breech and I was hating everything and everyone. After having the csection I told EVERYONE I would have 10 more babies if all were planned csections like mine because it went SOO well and I recovered SOO much faster than I had with my, what I thought was easy, vaginally birth with my son. Don't be so frustrated. You may be happily surprised like I was. I know hospital policy has a lot to do with this, but I saw my baby about 30 to 45 minutes after her birth, after my husband had gone with her to get weighed, checked out and bathed. I was able to nurse her and everything went great. I think I got to see her about as fast as I was able to start holding and nursing my son since I had to have a few stitches after my vaginal birth.
May 24th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All I can add is TURN LITTLE ONE TURN.
crawmommy likes this.

May 24th, 2013, 06:43 AM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Why would you body not know how to produce milk? The body starts producing milk when the placenta is removed - that's the sign it needs to kick into production. During a C-section they clean you out wayyyyy better than a delivery so just think you will definitely have all parts of the placenta removed and you will definitely have lighter bleeding. I bled for about 2 weeks after my C-section.

But yeah - I definitely had no problem with milk production and as scary as a C-section is .....the other problems that could arise with twins especially not in the correct position during labor are way more scary to me. Best of luck!

May 24th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
*HUGS*I'm so sorry I hadn't heard of the not trying to turn baby B if he/she is bigger. I have heard that swimming does amazing things for getting twins to turn head down.

I hope baby turns for you and if not I know a ton of c/s moms who had a super easy time with breastfeeding/milk coming in. Most have said that what helped them was getting to nurse the baby quickly which didn't use to be the norm for C-sections but is now.
May 24th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
Huge hugs Melissa!! I know how much it means to you to try and do natural birth with these babies so I completely understand your disappointment. Try not to be too upset though cause we did know a c section was a possibility with these lil ones. And please try to remember that ultimately your safety and of course babies safety is what it comes down too. It does often seem that babies have a way of reminding us they are in charge of so much of their births. As far as taking care of twins and little Ms. Your DH had better do his darnedest to help you or he will end up with me on your doorstep to chew him an earful lol. And above all I am just a text away if you need to talk. I'm always here for you due date buddy!!
Oh dh will have no choice in the middle of the night & evenings I'm worried bout daytime

May 24th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Maybe during the day you could have a family member help? I know your mom is up here but if you had to have a c section maybe she would come help you for a little bit while you recover? I know it sucks having to ask someone else for help...it always bugs me to need help and not be able to do something myself but in the situation it may be in need especially if your DH doesn't get paternity leave or you can't afford it. (Its too bad that guys don't get even a little bit of paid paternity leave cause man sometimes it'd be so much easier for the daddy to be home for even a week or two after the birth!)

May 24th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies for all the kind words...I was really angry yesterday but today I am better. I know it's not end of the world having to get a c section but it sure felt that way yesterday lol!
I am now going to plan accordingly and try to think about the positives like my hooha will still be in tact and maybe i can ask them to cut off a little extra skin when sewing me up to tighen my tummy
For me I must find the humor in things to get by.
Dh will have like a week leave saved up to take. We can't afford to take non paid leave. My mama said she will come down for a week to help. I don't have other family here except MIL FIL & SIL But I'm hoping a good friend of mine who is off for the summer will come help. I just HATE asking for help however I just need to suck it up!
MamaSkunk likes this.

May 24th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Well at least there will be help for a little while at least. Hopefully little Ms. K is super helpful for you also and will be excited to help you with her new siblings. At least she's a little bit older so she is a bit more capable to keep herself occupied and maybe she will understand if mommy needs to rest and recuperate.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search