Rant about my doctors / visit to the ER

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Mommy to Be
So basically where I live everyone either goes to the clinic or to crystal run healthcare which has a group of obgyns, I go to crystal run but I choose to only see two of the doctors due to some issues I had with a previous miscarriage, but they still are so frustrating. They do not talk to you about things they just say things and leave you with a million questions. I lost my mucous plug at 29 weeks they gave me a cervical exam I wasn't dialate at all. Then I went back every two weeks , the entire appointment consists of checking the heartbeat measuring my belly and checking my blood pressure and urine then they send me on my way. Is this normal? That's the entire appointment. So for the past 3 or so appointments they've been telling me I have high blood pressure, let me correct that one doctor says its high the other says its high but not too high but then throws around the idea of me having preclampsia and that if t blood pressures sill high when I come back the 29tj they'll check to see if I have it. Then they wanted me to continue working until I was 37 weeks and I flat out said I am not going so I haven't had a paycheck in 3 weeks because it's difficult to work when you feel like your walking on balloons you can't feel your finger tips and you have to stand the entire time. Then I've noticed them write glucose 50 in urine one week and glucose 100 in urine the next, but they never mention it to me which bothers me. They don't talk about things. And the last time they checked the size of my belly they said well have to discuss delivery options after getting an ultrasound to check the size, i am very much opposed to c section unleas its absolutel necessary and i dont want them to pressure me into one. So Wednesday night I was so overwhelmed with thinking my husband drove me to the hospital, the hospital that isn't equipt with a maternity department but tw hospital that gives a **** about their patients and I told them all of these things the doctors have and have not done and they checked my blood pressure 3 separate times while I was there ahttps://www.facebook.com/PetsAlive/posts/615838951778403nd it was almost perfect every single time, they checked my urine , no glucose no protein , but they found a uti the ob apparently missed and they did bloodwork which all came back normal except my
Potassium is a little low. Then they went on to do an ultrasound which made me feel a million times better, I was 34w4days at the ultrasound but the baby was measuring big, she's measuring around 37 weeks and 4 days so 3 weeks ahead according to the hospital , the weight they got was 7lbs 6oz and they said its usually high so she is probably about 7 lbs right now, she's low the top of her head was hidden by my bone and my fluid levels were good. I just get so overwhelmed with the doctors not speaking to you about your concerns and just trying to get you out of the office so they can see their next patient or so they can run of because you're their last patient that its sad that I have to go to the hospital for reassurance and for people to actually talk to me about what they're doin or what's going on.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search