Great appointment today.

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By eshute
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2013, 01:49 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Every time I go to this office, it makes me happier that I chose to drive the hour to see them. Got to see the baby for a minute. She looks great. They saw her practice breathing (that she's been doing since the 33 week ultrasound) and saw the amount of movements they wanted to see. Still in position. We talked about induction and looks like that'll be on Wednesday, May 29th unless she comes on her own. They did a membrane sweep (SO uncomfortable!), and they said that I'm still 1 really good cm dilated and that my cervix is very soft and thinning out great. It's also "front and center" she said. I don't even know what that means, but I guess it's a good thing.

I asked all the questions I wanted to ask and it looks like they'll start the induction out with Prepidil. I haven't even read about this stuff, but she said that it works well for FTM's and can really help jump start labor without pitocin, which would be great! Also, they're supportive of delayed cord clamping, and if I would have to have a c-section, I CAN do immediate skin-to-skin contact. But she said that as long as I'm patient and the baby is doing well, that there is no time limit after the start of the induction. Oh and I'm GSB negative! So no IV.

My back cramped the whole way home and I'm just generally uncomfortable now, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the membrane sweep does something.
MrsLat likes this.

May 24th, 2013, 01:51 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay! Glad you had a great appointment The 29th is in 5 days. Are you ready?
eshute likes this.

May 24th, 2013, 02:00 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Woohoo!
eshute likes this.

May 24th, 2013, 02:28 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Great appointment! KUP on how you are doing after the membrane sweep. I can't believe how soon you'll be holding your little one!
eshute likes this.
May 24th, 2013, 02:45 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am NOT ready. Haha. But I know she's gotta come sometime and the doctor feels that it's much safer to have her before 40 weeks with my blood pressure. I'm exited and nervous and terrified! Haha.

So far just some random back cramps and some general discomfort from the sweep, but I'll definitely let you ladies know if anything starts up for real!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search