GBS test painful?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had this done today, and it felt like doc was scraping me with a knife. Others told me I probably wouldn't even feel it. Any ideas why it hurt so bad?

Cervix was high and closed. Good thing too, because my doctor is going out of town. He said not to go into labor next week
May 24th, 2013, 07:32 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I've done it myself all 4 times and it was never painful.

May 24th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It didn't hurt anymore after he finished, but it sure did when he was doing it. It hurt when he checked my cervix too. Maybe I'm just super sensitive down there right now?
May 24th, 2013, 07:49 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Checking your cervix I understand because it was likely still very high and towards the back. So he was trying to find it.

May 24th, 2013, 10:32 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't feel mine. My cervix checks by Dr are a bit because she has small hands so she's gotta push up to feel lol

May 24th, 2013, 11:38 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Getting my cervix checked hurts, but my GBS test didn't hurt.. I am sorry yours did

May 25th, 2013, 03:14 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Getting my cervix checked did not hurt like I thought it would. I can't say the same thing for the membrane sweep, though. The GBS test was uncomfortable and did feel a little like someone was scraping. It's a hard, dry swab that is getting rubbed against a sensitive, soft area. I actually had to have it done twice because the lab screwed up and it was the same thing both times. I didn't worry about it because there was no bleeding or anything. I'd say you're just super sensitive.

May 25th, 2013, 05:17 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope, mine didn't hurt. I didn't even really notice her doing it because she was talking to me while checking me and doing that. None of it hurt. I am sorry yours did, you are probably just sore/sensitive down there.

May 25th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I thought the test was similar to the feeling of a pap (although no speculum needed). It was the cervical exam that hurt. I bled for 4-6 hours afterwards (and bright red). Still have some brown today. I think it is due to being enlarged down there.

May 25th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hardly felt mine at all. The cervix check was uncomfortable but not as bad as it was when I had one at 10 weeks. THAT one was big time painful.
May 25th, 2013, 08:15 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine didn't hurt at all. In fact, I think I felt it even less than a pap. Cervical checks are certainly uncomfortable. Yesterday I felt like my doc was going to break my pelvis trying to find my cervix. Not a good sign seeing as I'm supposed to be induced on Monday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search