I want to REBEL!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MamaSkunk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Today I woke up feeling very sore and cranky. Alex woke up at 7am and was perfectly happy to STAY up. I had a lot of chores to do. While doing the chores i remembered that i wanted to take Alex to this book reading at a local bookstore. Even though I was tired I really wanted to take him. So we go. He was HOOOORRRID during the whole thing. Screaming, wiggling, wanting to walk out, etc. At lunch he threw his food all over the restaurant. I even had an epic Mommy fail when he dropped part of his lunch on the floor. In half a second I picked it up and put it back on his plate. My reasoning? If we threw it away he would be done with lunch, which would mean that I was done with lunch. And I was ****ing hungry! This kid found a half eaten lollipop somewhere earlier this week and popped it into his mouth before I could stop him and he was fine afterwards. Build up your gut, I say!

We get home, Alex napped for about 20 minutes in the car. Easy peasy naptime, right? NOPE! I plop him in his bed and he wanted NONE of it. Flash forward 2 hours and I'm a walking zombie. I try to get more stuff done, try to play with Alex but he was throwing things and being mean. I had enough. So I put him back in his room, closed the gate, and passed out on the couch. Thankfully Alex also passed out. On the floor.

After we wake up we decide to go out to eat and then to the park. Surprisingly Alex was very well behaved until it was time to go home. And then the screaming and kicking started again. We finally got him to bed. And then it was time to move everything around in our bedroom to fit the pack n' play for the new baby. I was working off of pissed hormones because my mom made a few catty comments about how I have nothing set up special for this baby. Nope! Not buying new paint and decor! Bunnies, stars, and moons worked for Alex and it will work for this baby, too. I did use our sanitizing wand on everything, though.

So now I am utterly exhausted, in pain, and dying to just rest...which I can't.

Do you think I could convince my husband to let me have a day to myself? Where I wake up and pretend that I'm single and living in an apartment by myself and just come and go as I like? Would this be too much?

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 24th, 2013, 11:25 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dear your gonna traumatize the first timers lol. Ahh the joys of the toddler/preschool age.
TeresaV and eshute like this.

May 24th, 2013, 11:44 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel ya on going through this stage. My son is a nightmare. I literally have to lock myself in the bathroom sometimes for both his safety and to cry! I cannot WAIT until this stage passes.

I think you absolutely need a day off! I hope the hubby can find a way to give you a break. Hang in there.

May 25th, 2013, 03:08 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Goodness. I hope you were able to get some rest! Don't worry about traumatizing us first timers, haha. We're going to find out eventually and knowing that stuff like that is normal will be of some comfort while we're pulling our hair out.

May 25th, 2013, 05:49 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm sorry you had such a rough day!! I know I've had days like that but I don't think I could handle it while pregnant.
May 25th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I recall those days. Alex will survive living on the 5 second rule. No germs can possibly penetrate within that little time I am a fan of just hot water and soap for cleaning kid items. I never sanitize them. Good news - my kids hardly ever get sick. Other than asthma, they only go the to doctor for a physician.

This baby will have no idea if you do anything "special" or not. They cannot even really see the wall yet. They just want your arms and food. Cuddle him/her and that is all that is needed. I went out with an all pink nursery after having two boys. It is much more for me that Ellianna. She will not notice for quite a while.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search