I'm gonna punch someone

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2013, 06:30 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If I don't get some sleep soon! This is freaking ridiculous. I am SO TIRED and I can't sleep. Stupid restless legs and having to get up to pee every five minutes along with being so achy and crazy heartburn plus Porter thinking he's in a bounce house, make it pretty much impossible. There is no way I can do this for another month. Something has gotta give. I lay there for hours and finally fall asleep for 2-3, maybe, but as soon as I wake up to pee or roll over, it's done and I can't fall back asleep. Even if I take something to help me sleep (dr approved, of course), it doesn't work. Just makes me more tired, but doesn't help me sleep. I can't take it!!

If one more person tells me that it's just God's/nature's/my body's way of preparing me for the baby, I'm gonna lose it. There is no baby here yet. I'm worn completely out. I should be able to sleep. I'm pretty sure I will get a lot more sleep once he is here!

So. Over. It.
May 25th, 2013, 06:43 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh girl I totally feel ya! My hips and pelvis are absolutely excruciatingly painful anytime I lay down so right about the time I start to fall asleep, I have to change positions to keep from crying. I'm so very over it. At least when a baby is here, I know I will sleep like a rock between nighttime wakings and feedings. At this point, I'm not sleeping like a rock EVER

May 25th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Super Mommy
i understand completely! i am exhausted at night but it takes me almost 2 hours to fall asleep...stupid restless leg syndrome, having to pee, pelvic pain, backaches (which are becoming excrutiating while laying down) i so would just love to lay on my stomach but obviously cant do that lol. putting a pillow between my legs and holding one in my arms seems to help a little but not much. but yes i agree, i would give almost anything to have just one full night of sleep!
May 25th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried sleeping in a recliner or on the couch? I know it might not be the most comfortable but it may help a little.

#1, 4, 5, 7
May 25th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Right there with ya! I laid in bed from about 1am to 5am (sort of DH has food poisoning so for part of that I was up with him) Then at 5am I forced myself to at least sleep/rest some. Then I got up at 8am.
May 25th, 2013, 07:51 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
What about a body pillow? I totally feel you on the peeing, and my hands fall asleep pretty badly lately that is so annoying!

May 25th, 2013, 08:43 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same here. The nights that I call "good" are still bad and the bad nights are horrible. last night I got up to go pee and couldn't go back to sleep. So I've been up since 4:30. I wake up to turn over or get comfortable about every 45 minutes to an hour and my hands are always asleep, because the only way I can get comfortable is a position in which I'm laying on my arm on either side. This also means my fingers are sausages in the morning and I can't even make a fist. I have no real advice for you, I'm sorry. But I agree with the "oh your body is getting you ready for the baby" comments. BITE ME. What my body really NEEDS right now is a good night's sleep so I have the energy to push this kid out!

Let us know if you find something that works!

May 25th, 2013, 09:25 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I get it. The prepping for the baby comments are annoying. At least once baby is born, you can pass out for 2 hours at a time without heartburn, peeing, or being used as a punching bag.
May 25th, 2013, 09:35 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I am completely miserable. I think I could get through most of it if the restless legs would go away! I had them a little before, but these last couple of weeks they're ridiculous. And I'll be almost asleep and then have to move because of them and that gets my heart pumping really hard and I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack. I've tried sleeping in the recliner/on the couch, but sitting up makes it harder for me to breathe for some reason, so that doesn't work and I can't get in a position that's comfortable for my back & hips that is also easy to breathe. My back was killing me last night, which made everything extra horrible. I have a snoogle and a regular body pillow, last night I ended up with both around me because my back was so bad. It worked for a few hours. But I laid there until about 5 am not being able to sleep and finally fell asleep only to wake up at 7:30 and not be able to go back to sleep until close to 9, when my alarm went off at 9:30. Ugh. We have so much to do today and I am a zombie and being no help because I'm just so tired and everything hurts!

I talked to my doctor about it a while back when I was having a hard time sleeping and she gave me some ambien. I only got 10, so I was taking them sparingly and once I got a few good nights sleep in a row, I was fine and could sleep again without taking anything. I took one the other night because I was just so exhausted and wanted a long drug induced sleep, but I laid awake for 3 hours. There is something wrong with that picture!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search