Best advice

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By eshute
  • 4 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By KellBell2621
  • 1 Post By MerinSun

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2013, 07:27 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So what is some of the BEST advice you've received this pregnancy?

I bring this up because I got the best advice from my SIL last night. I'm going in Monday morning for my induction and I haven't had a good night's sleep in weeks. She suggested I take a Unisom for the last couple nights so that I am well rested for Monday. I took one last night and had the best sleep I've had in months. Unisom is on the list of okay meds from my doctor. Besides, I'm only taking it for 2 or 3 nights.

May 25th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take Unisom pretty regularly when I'm not pregnant - I never really sleep well. I will say though, if you take it multiple nights in a row, it's not nearly as effective. Usually the first night you take it, it's fantastic, the second night feels kind of just like a normal night's sleep, and the third night makes me actually sleep worse - restless, weird dreams, etc.

That might just be me though. I hope you get some good sleep!

May 25th, 2013, 08:37 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had problems sleeping about 4 out of 7 nights a week now. The good nights are still pretty bad, but not half as bad as the bad nights. Haha. I fully intend on taking some benadryl at least the two nights before the induction because I know I'm not going to get a wink of sleep without it.

Oh. Best advice : No one is EVER ready. This might not really be advice, but it's really helped me remember that my anxieties are completely normal and just because we're not millionaires that this baby is going to be just fine.
mommyandwife08 likes this.

May 25th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshute View Post
Oh. Best advice : No one is EVER ready. This might not really be advice, but it's really helped me remember that my anxieties are completely normal and just because we're not millionaires that this baby is going to be just fine.

VERY true!

Best advice: Maybe just that ppl keep telling me to calm the heck down bc I'm always freaking out about things that need to be done. I seem to be more productive when I'm taking things one at a time and realizing that even if the baby came right now and my house looks like this, everything would still be ok. It's not good for the baby for me to stress.
May 25th, 2013, 09:08 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Something my mom reminds me of every single pregnancy when I start freaking out about money, timing, etc: if everyone waited until the "perfect time", no one would ever have children.

It's so true. I remind myself of that all the time. No matter how "perfect" our situation was, I could probably still find something that wasn't ideal and I think the same could be said for just about anyone.

Last edited by ashleykathleen; May 25th, 2013 at 09:13 AM.
May 25th, 2013, 09:17 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Well it's not really advice, but I have had so many people reassure me that boys are great and sweet and the best thing ever. I think they know that I'm nervous about a boy after having two girls and tons of nieces. Pink, princess, dress up is all I know, so this will be so different.
May 25th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Super Mommy
"it gets better" a friend of mine told me that right after i had ds and i always kept it in the back of my head. those first few weeks are terrifying being a new mom and the lack of sleep intensifies it but keeping that quote it my head just reminded me not to get too overwhelmed.

also, my mom always says 'the dishes can wait' meaning dont worry about any housework or little things. they will get done. maybe not on a normal schedule but its the least of your worries during that precious time.
hilachu likes this.
May 25th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
After you have the baby, the baby will be super calm and do nothing but sleep. Last time I had people hang around and talk with us for hours after the baby was born. This time I'm kicking them all out and getting some sleep. Don't feel guilty once your baby is fed and asleep to just put it in the bassinet, tell the nurse to leave you alone for a few hours, and PASS OUT. If the baby is hungry it will wake you up. DH/SO/Nurses can make sure the baby is warm enough and not, I don't know...getting eaten by rats or whatever horrible thing you think will happen, lol.
hilachu likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search