Pads Question

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TeresaMomTo2Boys
  • 1 Post By 4hearts

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2013, 09:26 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
Okay....so I have a question...

I have been using panty liners off and on during my pregnancy, but of course the super thin ones.
Now that we are all getting so much closer to delivery, I know one of the things that should be in my hospital bag is pads, but I have NO idea what to buy!
I haven't used pads since I was like...15. I just don't even know what to look for when it comes to my "after-birth" care.
Help?

PLEASE and thank you!!

*Amanda*

May 25th, 2013, 09:32 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have some regular Always and I have long overnight Kotex
MommaMandaPanda89 likes this.

May 25th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Rochelle
The hossy is going to give you a few giant horse pads to get you through the first few days prob. But just whatever you use for your heaviest period days like a pack and then maybe a variety pack for when it starts to dwindle away.

I agree with Teresa about the long overnights.
MommaMandaPanda89 likes this.
May 25th, 2013, 10:00 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
very good to know! Thank you ladies! I have some coupons for Kotex as well! That works out nice

*Amanda*

May 25th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup, the hospital will provide you with lots of pads while you're there, and probably some to take home too. I bought the super duper overnight ones with wings because I bleed like a stuck pig for weeks on end. I have a few lighter ones, but they're still meant for heavy days for when things start lightening up. And then I have some mama cloth for the weeks of spotting I get (because by the time I've worn disposable pads for 6+ weeks straight, I'm chafed and hurting down there, so cloth pads are the way to go).
May 25th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The hospital is going to be very stingy about giving you the mesh panties and pads, only a few at a time. Lie through your teeth to every nurse you see and ask for some more. The same for diapers. We're using cloth on this one but I'm quite happy to go home with a big ol' bundle of diapers that I don't have to wash, lol.

I went out last week and bought a few packs of overnight super long pads. Those work really well

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 25th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Super Mommy
yes the hospital should give you some. i ended up needing the big over night ones for a few weeks since i bled pretty bad (wore them night and day) but after 3 weeks the bleeding tapered off and i just used panty liners for a couple weeks
May 25th, 2013, 12:21 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
hospital will provide you with everything you need for that end
just make sure you have stock of them at home
i just bought the super heavy/long ones with wings

i also made sure to buy underwear as i didnt want to mess up the nice ones i normally wear

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search