Very slow leak?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By laurenicole
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2013, 09:59 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I had the membrane sweep done yesterday. Holy uncomfortable! But no bleeding afterwards and just some heavy cramping on the way home. Everything eases up by early last night, but I notice that I'm having increased discharge. I can only see a very tiny bit of what appears to be EWCM when I wipe, but on my underwear, there is a definite dampness. I haven't had that at all during this pregnancy. I had worn a pad home after the membrane sweep, but threw it away after a couple got home because there was nothing on it. I put a pad on this morning, and there was definitely something on it, but not what I'd consider CM or even mucous plug. I put on a new pair of underwear and everything to see if it keeps happening. Is there any good way to know if this is a really slow leak? I just keep feeling wet and that's not normal for me. Any advice?

May 25th, 2013, 11:21 AM
laurenicole's Avatar Veteran
I saw something recently where you can use the ph strips used to check fish tanks to check for amniotic fluid. you might be able to Google it and see if it's something that really works.
eshute likes this.
May 25th, 2013, 11:55 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It could be leaking but if it is leaking then I would think it would eventually fully break as my mom had a slow leak with my youngest bro(I was like ten and kept watching her run to the bathroom for hours to dribble thinking she had to pee every five minutes) but it did eventually just break. Are you having any crampiness or back pains?
eshute likes this.

May 25th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not sure if this is a leak for you, but I know that i've had that dampness for the past 3-4 days now. It doesn't look like CM, and it's just wet. Not sure what it is but I know its not amniotic fluid. Is your next doc appt soon? They could do a quick swab and check if its positive for amniotic fluid

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 25th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have had increased discharge and what you are describing for awhile.

May 25th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just make sure that you are feeling movement. If you are you are probably OK. My doc said not to worry unless I fill a pad.

May 25th, 2013, 04:05 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Only a few cramps and back aches I get some very mild contractions if I walk up and down the steps, but they stop immediately after I stop moving. And baby is moving like crazy. Maybe it's just from the sweep - you know, mixing things up in there.

Thanks everyone!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search