Breast pump through insurance *Update, it's on the way!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Rochelle
For those of you who did this. How long did it take to get to you after ordering?

After I ordered it a few days ago, the company never said how long it would take and I know that's partially bc they have to wait on the insurance company.

Thanks!

Update: It was handled super fast and is already on the way here. I'll mark this as the first time ever our insurance has been pretty cool. They are a headache in so many other ways.

Last edited by 4hearts; May 30th, 2013 at 02:22 PM.
May 25th, 2013, 08:55 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm with Aetna and they told me I can't order mine until I deliver and then it could take a week maybe two at most to get to me

May 25th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Rochelle
Aww man. That's who I'm with too but they didn't tell me I'd have to wait. The lady I talked to seemed kinda out of it though and talked waay too fast so maybe I missed something. They put "queued" on my order and maybe that's why. Thanks, I'll call Tuesday and figure this mess out.
May 26th, 2013, 12:09 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I "ordered" mine at the first of the month and it is still queued. They won't actually ship until after I have the baby, is my understanding. I have UHC.
4hearts likes this.
May 26th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Luckily our insurance company left me pick one up through a medical supply place. I needed a script and they did fax a confirmation to my doctor.
4hearts likes this.

May 26th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have aetna and they told me to order now so it is here before my due date. The company i ordered from called to assure me that it would be here in less than a week. I 'd call them again, maybe the rep isn 't trained on the new policy yet.
4hearts likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 26th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Well I'm also through the "life with baby" program through my insurance and both that rep and normal rep told me but I think the life with baby rep said something like it's a precaution so they're not sending a $250-$300 pump before baby is born if it may end up still born or something else could be wrong where you didn't need a pump. Oh well....I need to exclusively feed anyways so I'll be patient but the pedi we're using said to at least start pumping one bottle after 2 weeks for dad to feed and Baby to get used to the bottle before I go back to work.

May 26th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow. They actually said "in case it's stillborn" to you? What an ugly thing to say :S

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 26th, 2013, 06:44 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I'm with Aetna too. I ordered mine in mid March through Sunmed Medical Supply Company...there is a 6-8 week wait time due to high demand. I was due May 4 and they shipped it on May 8. It got here last week or the week before...I haven't opened it yet. It was totally free!
May 27th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Cigna only allows a pump to be ordered 30 days before due date, but my doctor had to fill out paperwork. I never heard anything so last week I resent the orders and called the company and they said they were just looking for a provider for my breast pump and then that provider would then call me. So I have no idea when my pump is coming.
May 27th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerinSun View Post
Wow. They actually said "in case it's stillborn" to you? What an ugly thing to say :S
Not in that sense...they more like said "we have to take precautions as some babies don't always make it and then there are some where there is a serious medical situation and mom cannot pump or give breast milk"

May 27th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That still would have sent me off on a crying jag, lol.

May 30th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Rochelle
bump
May 30th, 2013, 03:28 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Did you have to call in or did they just verify with your insurance and ship? I need to get in touch with my insurance again anyway =\
May 30th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Rochelle
I ordered online directly with a company(genadyne lucina) that deals directly with my insurance. I only had three choices of pumps using that option but I didn't want a mess on my hands. Within a week, I got correspondence through my email from the company's rep saying I just needed to confirm my mailing address, the pump on invoice is correct and that I confirm for her to go through with my processing. I did and that was yesterday. Today, I got a new email from her saying she contacted my insurance and I am indeed 100% covered for the pump and it has been shipped. Then I got a shipping email with tracking number.

I think Genadyne handles UHC as well.

Last edited by 4hearts; May 30th, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
May 30th, 2013, 03:52 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
That's who I ordered through as well, so I was curious how it went. I think my problem is that UHC won't ship until after I have the baby (that was my understanding anyway). I just wasn't sure if there was anything else to do before then. I'm glad to hear the process went smoothly! I just hate that I have to wait.
May 30th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Rochelle
Thanks,

Yea, that sucks you have to wait. Which pump did you order? I got the Hygeia Enjoy. Seems like it may be a tad bulky but it looks like the best quality out of my options.
May 30th, 2013, 07:33 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Wow thats fantastic!

May 31st, 2013, 07:15 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
UHC won't pay for the Hygeia, which is what I really wanted, and they won't cover the Medelas or Amedas either, from what I've read. I think I ordered the Lansinoh, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it is a decent pump. I found out yesterday I can borrow a pump from the county health department if I need to (considered medical need since I've had problems with latch in the past) and they have Hygeias if I decide to do that.
May 31st, 2013, 07:39 AM
Rochelle
That was my second choice. It looks like a good pump to me. That's good that you have an option to use a Hygeia if need-be.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search