omg can this nightmare end

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This weekend is the weekend from you know where.

omg first Friday afternoon was just crazy busy we were running all over town after picking SS up from school. It was so busy we got home late to feed the dogs, everyone was grumpy and tired.

Then about 1am Sat morning DH says he feels sick....30 minutes later he's stuck in the bathroom with a horrible stomach virus. I hadn't even gone to bed yet because I have horrible pregnancy insomnia. So I did my best taking care of him. It was so bad. I finally went to be at 5am and I got up at 8am to take care of SS.

Around lunch time Sat DH says he wants go to urgent care because it's so bad. So we get my sister to take SS we go wait for nearly 3 hours there and find out he has that horrible Norovirus. YAY :/

I drag myself through the store trying to get things for him. We finally get home. My mom comes up later and helps clean our room and bathroom while DH is confined to the guest room. We were again up until 1am. By this point I'm dying. My body was hurting so bad DH thought I was going into labor when I was just trying to walk up the stairs.

Finally I get to bed around 2 something and I crashed until 10am. Sort of great for me but bad for SS. We had told him not to use his bathroom bc DH was going to use it and that he would share a bathroom with me for the night but only after we cleaned it. He had long been in bed when we finished cleaning it and I never thought to tell him it would be done cleaning by the time he woke up. So when he woke up he knew he couldn't use his bathroom but then he also knew that my door was shut and the rule is that if our bedroom door is shut he has to knock. He must have knocked but I was so beyond passed out that I never heard him. Then he also knows not to go downstairs before one of us gets up (an old rule that I'm sure now at 7.5 we could start letting him come down to the tv room) but anyway so he stayed in his room and actually laid back down. Well he had an accident in his bed because he didn't know where to go. I feel horrible. What a horrible parent I am. How could I not remember to tell him it was ok to use our bath and the poor child just peed in his bed because he didn't know where to go. We really pushed staying away from the bathroom DH was using because I didn't want him to come in contact with the Norovirus and take to his moms tomorrow and his 5 month old sister there.

To top everything off. DH is still horribly sick with 103 fevers. The house is such a mess now and my body hurts so bad I can't clean it. Then the cat threw up and his litter box needs cleaning...again I which I can't do. I'm so over this weekend already. My sister is coming to get SS and I and were just going to go hang out somewhere else. I can't keep up with the cleaning and mess of it all.

Sorry I just needed to vent

ETA: I should add that SS knows to just come find someone if there is an emergency but he didn't see his bathroom needs as an emergency to wake us up. He's kind of always been that way about waiting to pee and even in school he won't tell his teachers if it really is an emergency that he has to go. For some reason no matter how many times we tell him he just doesn't see having to go that bad as an emergency.

Last edited by loveneverfails; May 26th, 2013 at 08:16 AM.
May 26th, 2013, 08:21 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww hun hugs! Unfortunately as parents we aren't perfect we all make mistakes. Don't beat yourself up you're tired and you are pregnant which makes us all forgetful.

May 26th, 2013, 09:40 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a horrible weekend! Things happen. Don't feel bad. It didn't hurt anyone in the end. On a side note: your SS sounds like a great kid! He obviously listens very well. I hope your DH feels better soon and you are able to get some rest.

If it makes you feel any better - I poured coffee in the sugar container this morning instead of into my cup. And I'm not taking care of anyone but myself. Trust me, don't beat yourself up!

May 26th, 2013, 09:49 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Oh no!! You guys need a break. I hope your DH starts feeling better soon. Don't beat yourself up about your SS. I'm sure he is not upset with you about it.
May 26th, 2013, 10:41 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I hope things get better. I won't even begin to tell you all the mommy things I have done that I have guilt over. We're human.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
May 26th, 2013, 10:58 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I sent my SD to school in dirty clothes on Friday because I forgot to put her laundry in the dryer. It happens. You have a lot going on right now. Don't beat yourself up over it.

May 26th, 2013, 11:21 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw, that sounds like the worst weekend ever! I am so sorry. Try not to beat yourself up over the SS issue, we all have parenting fails. I forgot to change my sons diaper the other morning until he had peed all over the carpet because literally the diaper couldn't hold anymore. I felt horrible.

May 26th, 2013, 11:22 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Norovirus is nasty! I really hope you and SSavoid it you guys need a break and. Do nothing relax weekend!
May 26th, 2013, 11:45 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry! I hope DH gets to feeling better and that you can get some rest for your body to not be in so much pain. That really sucks about your SS, but I'm sure he will be ok. All parents make mistakes and kids turn out ok anyway. Don't beat yourself up over it. I'm sure he knows you didn't do it intentionally. I hope things get better fast! Hugs!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search