A little frustrated.

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2013, 09:41 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well last night I went to my cousins wedding where I got to see my auntie who is the labor and delivery nurse and she told me that some law was passed where she cannot be my primary nurse if I go into labor. So I am super bummed out and frustrated that she can't be there. On the good note she did say that she is the only one that can be called into c sections though so if I do need a c section she could still be there so we would get a pass on that one because there would be no other option. Sigh. Well at least if the crap hits the fan I can at least have her during a c section. :/

May 26th, 2013, 10:26 AM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh bummer...sorry she can't be your nurse. Even if she can't be your primary nurse, can she still be with you in the room as backup or even just as your family support?

*A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my super fantastic siggy!!*

May 26th, 2013, 10:33 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
My brother was a resident doctor when I was pregnant with one of my kids. I was glad he couldn't round on me but he was able to come visit me which was nice. Maybe she'll be able to just be there as support. That way she can spend time with just you and not worry about other patients.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
May 26th, 2013, 10:50 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My aunt works some pretty insane long hours and is almost always working so then odds are if I go into labor between 8 am and 8 pm she will already be there working. The only way she could really come in is as a visitor and that was if she isn't working and I just hate the thought of if I go into labor at night or on a weekend of having to call her in on a day off or when she's sleeping and not have her at least get paid for being there. I'm not even sure if she can come in and visit me or check in on me while she's working. But the odds are much bigger that she would be there working when I go into labor than not. And I am also bummed cause tons of my cousins have been able to have her there for them during labor in the past. And of course I get the bum deal being her youngest niece and the only niece who is her goddaughter therefore closest to her. I have the worst luck.

May 26th, 2013, 11:25 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
That is such a bummer, Karry. I am really sorry

May 26th, 2013, 11:33 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That really sucks. I know you were looking forward to having her as your nurse.

May 26th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is a bummer! I'm sure the nurses will take extra good care of you since your auntie works there.

May 26th, 2013, 04:30 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry that she can't be your nurse. I remember you mentioning that before.

May 26th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry that really sucks. At least if something goes crazy you know she'll be there for a C-section.
May 26th, 2013, 07:17 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Karry, that is disappointing. I hope she can at least stop by and visit if she is on shift.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search