Kids Quirks

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By MerinSun
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 2 Post By hilachu
  • 1 Post By Kalynas_Mom
  • 1 Post By sunnydaze

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2013, 11:05 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So as I was feeding DD lunch as soon as she finished she flipped out wanting her hands washed even though they were barely dirty. I am accustomed to this strange quirk of hers by now...My child hates her hands and face to be messy. She's been this way since she first started solids. She is the type to want her hands and face wiped down numerous times while eating even if what she's eating isn't particularly messy. And right after of course a full clean up at the sink. And she always has to have napkins nearby. Such an odd quirk as I was the messy tomboy never clean always getting muddy and dirty. My mom couldn't keep me clean for nothing! To this day I am not afraid to get dirty or be dirty. To quote my auntie..."God made dirt and dirt don't hurt" lol. Anyway it got me wondering what kind of quirks little man is going to develop that is going to set him apart as his own little person and a individual. I love little quirks kids haha even though sometimes they are a bit frustrating or even downright funny. It just goes to show even young they are all unique.

May 26th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It always amazed me when Alex would upend a bowl of something all over his head/lap and be perfectly happy but the moment he tripped and landed in some mud he would scream and cry until I cleaned his hands. I try to tell him to wipe them in the grass but that upsets him even more. Weird!
MamaSkunk likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 26th, 2013, 11:35 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My kids are that way too! It is so odd. I tried to get them to finger paint once and they didn't want anything to do with it because they didn't want their hands dirty.

My son even wipes his hands and then uses the baby wipe to wipe the table under his plate. I actually feel kinda bad about it. When I was a kid I was constantly playing in the dirty and getting messy. I kind of wish my kids would do that a little as well.
MamaSkunk likes this.

May 26th, 2013, 03:45 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Lily is the type to not be dirty. She always wanted clean hands and wanted to clean the table with a wipe after eating as a toddler. We call her twinkle toes too. She prances around on her tiptoes everywhere. She is such a little dancer.

Abri is my messy girl. She never cares if she has dirty hands or a dirty face. Nothing phases her. She falls in the dirt, brushes off and keeps on going. There is nothing delicate about Abri. She stomps around at full speed. My girls are so different! <3
MamaSkunk likes this.
May 27th, 2013, 05:17 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
my son hates chocolate and cake
his first birthday with the "smash" cake went horrible and all the pictures we have of him are crying hysterically looking at the cake on his hand like it was on fire
MerinSun and MamaSkunk like this.

May 27th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
As DD has gotten older her quirks have changed and none seem to be consistent.

She never used to care about being dirty but lately if she slips outside or gets dirt in her shoes at the park she freaks out. She will sit on the couch for a good 15 mins every single day after school picking "fluff" out of her toes and knocking her shoes over the garbage to get sand out. If she cries about a grass/mud stain on her when we're outside I try to ignore it and brush it off. She also has a serious phobia about blood. If she gets the TINIEST scrape she starts screaming about whether there is blood coming out. If there isn't any she's fine, but if there is......god help everyone who comes in contact with her because the drama of it can last for a week
MamaSkunk likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 27th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sebastian wont poop unless he is 100%....socks and all.
MamaSkunk likes this.

May 27th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilachu View Post
my son hates chocolate and cake
his first birthday with the "smash" cake went horrible and all the pictures we have of him are crying hysterically looking at the cake on his hand like it was on fire
LOL! I'm sorry, that made me laugh for like 5 minutes just picturing it.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 28th, 2013, 09:04 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
These are so neat to read!!
Me and DF have been talking about how little Emma will be...you just really can't ever predict it since they are such their own little person.
so exciting!

*Amanda*

May 28th, 2013, 09:35 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Kids are so weird.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search