JM Sebatical

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama
  • 2 Post By pamela.burke611
  • 1 Post By phantomsgrl11
  • 2 Post By crawmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2013, 10:01 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am going to take a short break from JM from a while. I posted something in the Secret Garden board and while some messaged me on FB to tell me how they understand what I am going through and some told me how they are behind me on my emotions, others degraded me and belittled me and told me how ungrateful I am being and how unappreciative I am and even some called me some names I do not appreciate.
Therefore, I am going to take a short break.

I am going to leave by saying DELETE ME OFF FACEBOOK IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I POST. It is my facebook and I have every right to post whatever the heck I want to post.

I am going to leave by saying GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU MAMAS and EASY LABOR VIBES.

If you do decide to keep me on Facebook, I will keep in touch that way and follow along with you on there.

With all the stress I am going through, the "complicatons" in this pregnancy (as my dr put it) and needing this time to relax and rest, I don't have time or energy to put up with the smack talk of others.

While I do appreciate all your input on here by some, there are others who don't know how to read the entire situation or figure out the entire situation and just want to hate on someone!

Good luck and can't wait to see those beautiful babies!

May 27th, 2013, 10:39 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I doubt Teresa will check back in and see this, but I just want to say that I think it's really crappy to beat someone when they're down. She is going through a really hard time and just needed some support and encouragement. I think it is unfair to judge someone if you haven't walked in their shoes. There are so many wonderful and supportive people on this board and it is a shame that a few people who take it upon themselves to chastise someone can drive people away. If you don't have anything constructive to say, just keep your opinion to yourself. It's really that simple. You don't have to fake nice, just don't comment. But someone looking for support for a difficult situation doesn't need to be scolded like a child.
TeresaV likes this.

May 27th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't have access to the Secret Garden so I have no idea what your referring to but sorry that happened to you. Hope all is well on your end and that whatever is it that your going through gets resolved.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 27th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMama View Post
I doubt Teresa will check back in and see this, but I just want to say that I think it's really crappy to beat someone when they're down. She is going through a really hard time and just needed some support and encouragement. I think it is unfair to judge someone if you haven't walked in their shoes. There are so many wonderful and supportive people on this board and it is a shame that a few people who take it upon themselves to chastise someone can drive people away. If you don't have anything constructive to say, just keep your opinion to yourself. It's really that simple. You don't have to fake nice, just don't comment. But someone looking for support for a difficult situation doesn't need to be scolded like a child.
I just went and read her post and I couldn't agree more... as if she would really purposely want to mooch off her in-laws and expect all this stuff from them.. She must seriously feel so uncomfortable and bad that she has to live there and depend on them. She clearly does what she can and her husband needs to step up and make his wife feel the most comfortable she can living in HIS parents' house... i.e. by helping out, cleaning, getting his *** off the games...she is having a complicated pregnancy not to mention it's complicated PERIOD this late in the game for everyone. We are all uncomfortable and ready to have these babies and as a mother she SHOULD look out for what type of personalities are around her kids. If someone was throwing things at my kid and I.. omg I don't care who you are that won't fly! That could ruin her visitations with her kid. I am so ashamed that people can be so downright mean. My SIL lived with my parents and I (long before I met my boyfriend and had kids) and she felt so guilty all the time for having to live with us and ask for help. This isn't easy for her! Her husband needs to make it a smooth ride! These are her in-laws not her blood parents.. it's not easy! She needs support.. I send my hugs to her!
TeresaV and MarylandMama like this.
May 27th, 2013, 11:20 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't read the post. I don't know the situation. I just wanted to say that I hope you come back around Teresa, when you are ready. But I will continue to follow your pregnancy and the birth of your little Trey on Facebook. Hang in there mama, and easy labor vibes to you as well!

May 27th, 2013, 12:45 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't go into the secret garden either so I do not know what is going on but I am sorry for whatever you are going through.

Part of the reason why I never asked for or participated in the secret garden is because it led to drama in my first due date club too so I just think they are silly to have. Once we are all established more and I get to know people better after we are a playroom I will add ladies to facebook as well. My facebook is mostly just family and close friends so I'm weird about adding people until I've known them a while.
ltemp45 likes this.

May 27th, 2013, 01:23 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also don't go into the secret garden, but when I read this post I was surprised and saddened that this is happening.

I haven't had any run-ins with anyone on this board, but it happens everywhere. I think it's really a shame that a few people had to ruin it for her. This place is for support, not for belittling.

Teresa - I really hope you read this and come back. Screw those people. I'm sorry that some people have made you feel this way.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that you'll maybe come back and KUP on you and your LO.

May 27th, 2013, 02:34 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I have been away all day, so I am not sure what is going on.

May 27th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not sure what is going on however I'm a firm believer in if you dont have anything constructive to say then you need to just not say anything.

May 27th, 2013, 02:59 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I haven't read the post yet either, but I can't believe some people! I'm not defriending you on FB, you can't get rid of me that easily!

May 27th, 2013, 03:08 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm not in the Secret Garden either but I'm really sorry there was drama. I hope that in the next few weeks things can cool down and we can get back to being a great support to each other. I still love all you ladies
May 28th, 2013, 02:24 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMama View Post
Thank you ladies for all your support. Had me in tears reading all these replies.
Thank you MarylandMama, I don't think it was fair to post something and then get bashed for it when others have posted in that same section and never had been crapped on. Like I said before, I don't mind you posting what you want to post about your thoughts and opinions as we all have rights to them but if you are going to bash me and accuse me and call me names...GO ELSEWHERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela.burke611 View Post
I just went and read her post and I couldn't agree more... as if she would really purposely want to mooch off her in-laws and expect all this stuff from them.. She must seriously feel so uncomfortable and bad that she has to live there and depend on them. She clearly does what she can and her husband needs to step up and make his wife feel the most comfortable she can living in HIS parents' house... i.e. by helping out, cleaning, getting his *** off the games...she is having a complicated pregnancy not to mention it's complicated PERIOD this late in the game for everyone. We are all uncomfortable and ready to have these babies and as a mother she SHOULD look out for what type of personalities are around her kids. If someone was throwing things at my kid and I.. omg I don't care who you are that won't fly! That could ruin her visitations with her kid. I am so ashamed that people can be so downright mean. My SIL lived with my parents and I (long before I met my boyfriend and had kids) and she felt so guilty all the time for having to live with us and ask for help. This isn't easy for her! Her husband needs to make it a smooth ride! These are her in-laws not her blood parents.. it's not easy! She needs support.. I send my hugs to her!
And thank you Pamela.burke611, I am not here to mooch off my in laws. Like I have stated, I have TRIED to pay them on bills and pay them back on things they bought for me or for us when we didn't have the funds and they refuse to take the money until we are on our feet and stable. It isn't like I want to be here. We had our own place for almost a year when DH lost his job and I have a job paying about $10/hr at 40 hrs a week...yes that is about $400 a week but minus insurance (with just me, DH and my son...I'm paying close to $200 per paycheck), minus taxes, minus child support (about $60 a check) and minus student loans (about $100 per check), I barely come home with anything a month. Yes, and my son could go back to his dad (my ex DH) and tell him what FIL did and said and that could go to CPS. I have already had a CPS investigation on me already because I posted a photo of my son asleep on his blankets on the floor during a movie and someone called CPS stating I make him sleep on the floor surrounded by dogs and trash. CPS came and cleared the investigation because he has his own room and they were fine with that and saw the photo and saw nothing wrong with it.

I am still going to hang back for a bit but just wanted to say thank you to all your supportive ladies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search