Ultrasound results from this morning.......

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MerinSun

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
So I had my ultrasound this morning to follow up on the weight gain.....
I asked the tech if she'd give me the estimation after a VERY lengthy (hour and a half) ultrasound. She said she re-did the measurements 3 times, and even waited for him to fall asleep so she could get the most accurate measurements possible (which like I said before, I know aren't 100% accurate). Anyway all his measurements are off the charts I don't think this means anything is wrong (my GD test came back negative) but why the heck is he measuring SO big?
Now I know she's REALLY going to push me to book a c-section. I refuse to do it but i'm kind of panicking now. I really want to discuss induction with her. I think I have the best chance of delivering vaginally if he comes SOON and doesn't have a chance to get all that much bigger.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 27th, 2013, 11:11 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes, that is nerve racking. I hope he decides to show up very soon and that they're off on their measurements, that is he smaller than they think. Good luck!

May 27th, 2013, 11:15 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really hope he decides to come soon. Come on little man! I am so sorry, that must be really nerve wracking

May 27th, 2013, 11:32 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're well after the 37 week mark; it seems that induction would at least be up for discussion. They should at least let you try to deliver vaginally.

May 27th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Thanks ladies.

Teresa - she has said she will let me try to deliver vaginally. But that is always followed by a lengthy speech about every possible complication that can arise while delivering a large baby (some of which really terrify me.....). I know when I see her Wednesday it will be her preference that I book a csection, even if she can't technically "force" me. I did have an induction with DD that worked very well so i'm hoping that will work in my favour if he doesn't decide he's ready to come meet everyone soon!

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 27th, 2013, 11:41 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I'm glad your doctor is willing to compromise with you. Best of luck!

May 27th, 2013, 12:42 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did they say how big he is? Good for you for not letting her bully you into a c-section. I think an induction is a great compromise.
May 27th, 2013, 01:26 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope the induction is an option. And I agree with Kat - good for you for not being bullied into a c-section. Did you read about that young woman in the UK that gave birth vaginally to a 15lb baby? Pretty amazing stuff. I'm just saying that because it can be done. And safely.

Good luck and KUP.

May 27th, 2013, 08:11 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Huge hugs hun. I am glad that they are letting you attempt a vaginal delivery!

May 27th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How big are they guesstimating?

May 28th, 2013, 06:27 AM
The highest the chart goes with measurements is 5kg (11lbs)...so the guesstimation is above that! OUCH! haha

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 28th, 2013, 09:38 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Is it possible he is just long?

May 28th, 2013, 09:44 AM
They may be accurate, but they could be off. My manager had Polyhydros and they guestimated her son to be 12 lbs at 36 weeks, so they induced. He was still a big boy, but I believe he weighed 7 to 7.5 when he was born.

Maybe he is just really long.
May 28th, 2013, 09:52 AM
The being long is a really good point, thanks for bringing that up I never really thought of it. I'm definitely going to ask about that tomorrow.
The biggest reason I won't do the section is because I've never heard of ultrasound measurements being accurate and I'd kick myself right in the head if he was born at a totally reasonable weight after agreeing to surgery. If I get induced and that happens, i'm fine with that. I think all my anxiety and crazy irrational fears that I'm bothering you all with is that I tore SO badly last time with DD that the thought of a large baby just makes me feel sick.
On a rational level I know there are people who have tiny babies and tear and huge babies and they don't, but I can't stop thinking about how bad that might be. Forgive me if I sound like i'm going crazy haha

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 28th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Ahhh, the whole point of this group is to help each other through the crazies, so no need to apologize!

Big hugs!
May 28th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Can they take a good guess as to how big the head is? That's the important thing. If the head is small enough to squeeze through the canal then the rest will be like butter.
zkat likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search