Starting to panic a little..

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes
  • 2 Post By zkat
  • 1 Post By mommyandwife08
  • 1 Post By Kyla0709
  • 1 Post By 4hearts
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 4 Post By eshute
  • 6 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By crawmommy
  • 1 Post By eshute
  • 1 Post By Kalynas_Mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2013, 05:26 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, I've been okay most of the pregnancy about being pregnant and having a baby. Just the normal worries and freak outs. But last night after I got up to use the bathroom, I laid back down and almost hyperventilated. All I kept thinking was about how am I possibly going to get through labor? What if I can't do it? What if I'm not as strong as I think I am? And then what the heck am I going to do with a BABY?! What was I thinking?! I mean, this baby was NOT planned and so what the hell was I thinking going through with it? How am I going to be a MOTHER?!

Well, after realizing I was nearing a full blown panic attack, I calmed myself down and eventually went back to sleep. But I'm still pretty freaked out. I know this is normal. But I'm so scared right now. I'm so scared that I'm going to fail this child - through labor, deliver, and the rest of her life. I would have never gotten an abortion and I'm so happy I didn't of course - that's not what I'm saying. I just feel wholly unprepared even though we have everything we need and things are going well with my SO.

Just needed to vent. Rant over.

May 27th, 2013, 05:42 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Big hugs. It is totally normal to freak out like this. You are going to be a great mom and you are not going to fail this baby
4hearts and eshute like this.
May 27th, 2013, 05:46 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree that freaking out is normal. I have had a few freak outs and this is my third. I think the fact that you are freaked out shows what a great mom you are going to be! Try not to worry so much and just try relax (easier said than done i know).
eshute likes this.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
May 27th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Super Mommy
Shoot, I think I've had more freak outs this pregnancy than my other two. Plus this one was planned! Sometimes I wonder just what the heck I am getting myself into, other times I'm super excited. It all just depends on the day. And honestly, I think a lot of it has to do with hormones this late in the game. You're going to be fine, just keep breathing and have confidence that you will be a great mommy.
eshute likes this.
May 27th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Rochelle
What zkat said. Try to stay calm bc freaking out won't change the outcome. I'm trying to take my own advice and it's harder said than done and this is my fourth! ((hugs))
eshute likes this.
May 27th, 2013, 06:08 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Totally normal feelings! I haven't gotten there with this one yet, but I will freak out too. I remember in the middle of my labor with Abri crying in the bathtub "I changed my mind! I don't want another baby, I just want to go back to bed!" Less than an hour later we had another sweet addition to the family and we just take it day by day.
eshute likes this.
May 27th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Thanks ladies! I hope it's all just hormones. I just can't believe that in a couple days I'll have a tiny human being to take care of and she'll grow and learn and one day call me mommy. ME. Not aunt, not sister, not cousin....Mommy. *deep breath* Haha.

May 27th, 2013, 06:13 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshute View Post
Thanks ladies! I hope it's all just hormones. I just can't believe that in a couple days I'll have a tiny human being to take care of and she'll grow and learn and one day call me mommy. ME. Not aunt, not sister, not cousin....Mommy. *deep breath* Haha.
Best sound ever. I promise
May 27th, 2013, 06:47 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Omg I still melt when Jade comes to me and just says "Mommy" it often speaks so many volumes without them even having to say more. Often its like OK I have had enough of everyone else I just want my mommy. Or mommy I just want/need a hug and kiss. That one little word speaks volumes to your soul and you often will know exactly what they need. And then just wait til she adds a love you in front of that word mommy. Omg I cry every time she comes to me and so cutely says "Oves you mommy" LOVE!!!!! Melt!
eshute likes this.

May 27th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The fact that you worry if you will be a good enough Mom is a great indicator that you will do great. When you hold her in your arms it will all be OK. You will figure things our together.
eshute likes this.

May 27th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Totally normal it does all the sudden hit you like oh s*hit this is happening and there is nothing I can do about it. You will be a great mama and look back at that super freak out moment and chuckle!
eshute likes this.

May 27th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Thanks ladies. I don't know what I'd do without you all. I remember the feeling when my nephew first said "I wub you aunt e.c.". I remember just melting. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when my child says it.

Oh goodness. This is really happening, huh?
MamaSkunk likes this.

May 27th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, so so so so sooooo normal! I remember laying in bed the day before my first induction and I began to cry i was so terrified. All I could think of was that I would never again get to lay in my bed like I was and just veg. This is not true. You will totally get that time again.

I've had a few of these freak outs in the last couple of weeks. I'm just trying to figure out how long I'll have to wait until I get my peace and quiet again with a toddler and a newborn!

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 27th, 2013, 08:57 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There will be so many days when you doubt yourself. And then one day something will click and you'll suddenly realize that you're totally rocking at this whole parenting thing. Granted, the next day might be hell, but on those good days you'll be on top of the world. Best feeling ever.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

May 27th, 2013, 09:08 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
The fact that you're worried about any of it, just shows what a great mom you'll be. It's only the ones who don't care that fail.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
May 27th, 2013, 09:18 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
You are going to be a wonderful mother hun and worrying is proof of that!

May 28th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I had DD when I was 21 and I was IMMENSELY unprepared (not with material items but just emotionally). I'm not going to lie and say that there weren't desperate 4am moments where I didn't just cry and ask myself why did I want a baby? what am i thinking?! But those moments are few are far between and generally really short lived. You can have 10 difficult moments and there will be that one smile, that one word, that one look from your daughter that will wipe them from your memory.

You'll do great
Kim3 likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search