When are you too dilated to leave?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wondering if anyone had an experience where the doc said they were too dilated to leave the office. With our last pg, I went to a regular appointment at almost 38 weeks. I was almost 7 cm dilated (and no contractions that I felt). The doc told me to go directly to L&D for them to break my water. She explained good reasons for not letting me leave the facility at 7 cm. (I will not cite them - as they are scary. Not sure if they are all true). Anyway, just wondering if anyone's doc said at 5 or 6 that they had to go at that point. I was 3 last week and know I could hang out there fore a long time. I was having lots of contractions Friday that stopped. Now they are here and there. I have an appointment on Thursday. I would really like to wait until June 1 or later to have Ellianna. Just wondering at what point the doc will recommend that I go and deliver. I understand that it is always my option. Although last time the doc was really clear as to the risks of walking around at 7. When she gave me the info I really had no choice.

May 28th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure, I know I walked around for about 3 weeks 4 centis dialated with Alex and the doc didn't seem that worried. But I am looking forward to reading some of the responses.

May 28th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No help here I'm closed up tight! I was the same way with dd until the very end as well. I'm am curious to hear the responses

May 28th, 2013, 07:56 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
With my daughter, I had my membranes stripped and was at 4 cm, and my midwife let me leave the office. I don't think my current doc would allow that though b/c he seems very old fashioned. He said once I reached 4 cm I would be confined to the hosp bed.

May 28th, 2013, 07:56 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
At the last appointment I had with Abri, I was 4 cm and 90% effaced. My midwife recommended I go straight to the hospital for an induction. She said most are in the active stages of labor at that point and it would be a quick induction. I declined even though I'd been having contractions every 20 minutes for almost a week. She didn't argue with me but she did inform the on call midwife that she should expect me at some point that day or night. I did go into labor that night.
May 28th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was wondering this myself. At my appt last week, I was 3 cm and I've had a ton of contractions since yesterday morning so I'm curious as to whether she'll send me to L&D today or not.

#1, 4, 5, 7
May 28th, 2013, 08:14 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
As much as I am no help either, I am too looking forward to reading the responses.

*Amanda*

May 28th, 2013, 09:37 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I was 3/4cm for weeks with David and Katelynn granted I was in the hospital for pre-term labor at 31 weeks with David but I went home 3cm and he stayed until 36 weeks. Everett I was 3cm when I went into labor with him. Not 7cm though.

May 29th, 2013, 08:36 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
At last hospital visit I was 3cm (according to nurse) and then 2-3cm (according to on call doctor) with contractions that were every 5minutes for several hours. They gave me some pain meds and the contractions stopped. That is the pattern I have been in now for 2 weeks with the contractions getting pretty close and then spacing back out. I plan on asking my doc tomorrow at what point he sends to hospital based on dilation. I will let you know what he says.

~Kristin~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search