Any advice on preparing for an induction?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 1 Post By Kalynas_Mom
  • 2 Post By Kyla0709
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By MerinSun
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2013, 09:47 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am being induced tomorrow at 7am. We have to leave the house at 4:30am to get to the hospital by 6 to get checked in. I know that I should eat a good breakfast since I won't be able to eat once the induction starts, but anything else? I'm a little worried because I've still been constipated, even with taking 3 colace a night lately. I don't know if I should even worry about that since I know that if you're gonna poop on the table, you're gonna poop on the table. And most people don't notice or care.

Any advice about being prepared or really about any of it would be great!!

May 28th, 2013, 09:52 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would say go out on a date tonight (doesn't have to be expensive) but something special for you and your SO. Enjoy tonight...and it might help the night not to drag so much.

I realize this has nothing to do with actually being induced. I don't really have any advice on that. I have been induced twice and they were both complete opposites. You are going to do great tomorrow! Yea, don't worry about pooping on the table you either will or you wont but its not a big deal if you do. A good breakfast in the morning is a must in my opinion.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~

Last edited by mommyandwife08; May 28th, 2013 at 09:54 AM.
May 28th, 2013, 09:52 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Poop is the last thing you should worry about . I dont have much advice but I will be thinking of you and I hope you have a smooth delivery!

May 28th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
EAT EAT EAT until you're not allowed to eat any more! LOL That's my regret before my induction. I was allowed to eat until midnight, I didn't, and I didn't get any food for over 24 hours. Um, every induction is different, but be prepared since this is your first, like me, for it to take longer than you think it will. And don't worry about the poop thing, if you're going to poop on the table you're going to poop, and you know what? You're not even going to notice. Because I have no idea whether or not I did.
eshute and MamaSkunk like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
May 28th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
Do you have things packed to keep you busy for the first little while, while the contractions are still bearable and just dragging on? As for tonight, my best advice is REST! haha (if that's even possible! ) I second doing something special just the two of you, and maybe some kind of walk that might make you tired enough to sleep if not for a little bit.

And ya don't even give a second thought to the poop. When your fully dilated you and pushing you feel like your pooping anyway! Whether you ACTUALLY are or not won't make any difference
eshute likes this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
May 28th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Super Mommy
Definitely get one last night out as a couple. Take something that'll help you sleep, Benadryl always works for me. It'll probably make you groggy in the morning, but better groggy for a little while than exhausted while you're laboring. I started both my inductions at night, the first I turned down the Ambien they offered and I was so tired the next day, the second time around I didn't hesitate to accept it and I slept pretty well for not being at home and I felt a lot better. Definitely eat something, especially with protein. Bring a book, or some movies. First time labors, especially inductions, can take FOREVER. (Hopefully this won't be your case)
eshute and MamaSkunk like this.
May 28th, 2013, 11:54 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto what everyone else has said...especially about the eating part. And don't worry about the pooping part. Lol once the contractions are starting you may find yourself having to run to the bathroom anyway. Yes and sleep cause you could be in for a long haul being a FTM and being induced. Find something to do to help keep you occupied during those long hours and feel free to message me on FB or here if you want my number to text for some added support while laboring. And I will hope and pray that Anna comes quick and easy and that everything goes well! ELVs!!!
eshute likes this.

May 28th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, EAT! On your way to the hospital make sure to stop and get something to eat. You can eat while they do the paperwork. But once the needle is in, it's all over.

Take movies with you, high energy music, laptop or cell phone, etc. Anything to keep you entertained. Because you're going in so early I highly recommend that you dim the lights, tell the nurses to keep their checks to a minimum, and try to get some more sleep. Or just lay down with your eyes closed while your SO or mother or whoever rubs your back and legs.
eshute likes this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 28th, 2013, 01:10 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone!! I appreciate every word of it! Sadly, SO has to work until 10pm tonight. And by the time we get home and eat dinner, it's going to be super late. I plan on taking benadryl to sleep and hopefully he and I will both be able to relax for a while before the contractions start because we'll probably only be able to be in bed for about 4 hours if we're lucky. I have my kindle in my bag already, and we're taking the laptop as well. I plan on eating some cheerios, a piece of fruit, possibly a yogurt and then 2 hard boiled eggs right before we go into the hospital. We also have granola bars in the hospital bag so I'll probably inhale that before they start the induction. Luckily, I'm just doing prepadil for now. No pitocin to start out with. And just an IV lock so I'll get as much ice as I want.

Thanks again!! I'll be sure to keep everyone updated for as long as I can.

And any other advice anyone can think of, feel free to keep it coming!

May 28th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Healthy stuff?! Heck no! You want something loady (like protein) so you feel full for as long as possible. Plus, heavy stuff will make you relax and go to sleep better If you're worried about calories/fat content just remember you're about to go through the biggest marathon of them all

I'm writing this in a teasing tone, btw. I do recommend eating large though. Like steak dinner large.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

May 28th, 2013, 08:25 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
good luck!
I hope you go fast!

May 29th, 2013, 02:53 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I have no experience but I wanted to wish you luck this morning!! Thinking of you and hopefully it will be a quick and smooth induction!
mommyandwife08 likes this.
May 29th, 2013, 10:21 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
I hope everything is going great for you!!! can't wait to hear an update!

*Amanda*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search