OT- I think my husband is trying to be sneaky...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MissyBee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2013, 08:57 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, my birthday is on Thursday and he just started asking me today (Tuesday) what I wanted for my birthday. Way to procrastinate! Haha.

Anyway, he asked me earlier today if I had anything planned for this weekend other than all the stuff we need to get done. Of course I have no plans, because my plan is for us to finish getting the house in order this weekend so we don't have to worry about it anymore. He knows this. But I didn't think anything of it. Then he called me from work a little bit ago and said he had been asked to start working weekends at the bar next door (different owner than where he is now... Where he got his weekend shifts taken away that I mentioned before) and he wanted to know what I thought about it. And I had told him that maybe he should quit and go over there until he can find something to do not in a bar. And I said that if he would be working this Friday and Saturday that would be ok if he would be off most of the week next week and then we could get stuff done then instead. (Since he'll have worked Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday this week) So he says, "I could probably work Friday. But not Saturday." And I said "why not Saturday?" And he says "just because." And then I asked why again and he said the same thing. Which makes no sense. Why would he not work on the busiest night if he had the chance? He has to be planning some kind of surprise for me (though I don't know what. Maybe a party?) otherwise he could work or would have given me a different (and legit) excuse. He always ends up saying something like this to me that makes me suspicious whenever he tries to surprise me with something! Haha. But now it's going to drive me nuts until Saturday gets here! And if there is no surprise and I'm making something out of nothing, I'm gonna be bummed! Haha.

Last edited by MissyBee; May 28th, 2013 at 08:59 PM.
May 28th, 2013, 10:31 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Keep us posted, I want to know what he does!

May 29th, 2013, 02:48 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
This sounds interesting! I'm anxious to hear how your weekend goes
May 29th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you do something really fun.

May 29th, 2013, 06:16 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Really excited for you guys that he will be able to work weekends again! I know that was a problem. It sounds like he is planning something. Hope you love it! And happy birthday a day early (the chances of me remembering to tell you that tomorrow are probably not good). But I hope you have a great day for your actual birthday and a really fun surprise!

May 29th, 2013, 08:01 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happy early birthday! Hope he does something fun for you! Or maybe you will have a birthday baby!!

May 29th, 2013, 07:19 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He bought me tickets to go see The Lion King on Saturday! (The musical/play) It'e been here for a couple of weeks. We saw it once before a few years ago and it was awesome, so I'm excited to see it again! The tickets came in the mail today, so he went ahead and gave them to me!
dmreed32 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search