37 week appointment today

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2013, 02:10 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I had my appointment today. Last week at L&D, I was only a fingertip dilated and 50% effaced. Today I was still 50%, but I was 2 cm dilated. With DD, I wasn't 2 cm dilated until my water had broken and had been in labor for 12 hours. She also said that my cervix is really soft and Lena's head is at -2. So not all the way in there, but not too far out either. I am pretty encouraged by this bc of how my labor with DD went. It was never this good until I was well into labor. The midwife I have seen for most of my appointments didn't think I would make it much past 37 weeks, so we will see if she is right. In my head, I know that I could walk around for weeks like this and the midwife I saw today reminded me of that, but I can't help but start to get excited. The practical side of me knows it would be best for her to wait another couple of weeks to show up, but the part of me that is so done being pregnant hopes it's tonight!

I have been having sharp pains in my back every once in a while and the BH contractions have kept on coming. So I suppose we'll see!

May 30th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A great appointment is always encouraging. It certainly could be any time. Good Luck.

May 30th, 2013, 07:32 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Sounds like an amazing appointment hun. I was similar with our first, I walked around 3cm for 5 weeks granted I started at 3cm at 31 weeks but he was a 12 hour intervention birth. When I was pregnant with Katelynn I thought it was going to be similar but she came in 4 hours after my water broke at home. Like you I was 2cm and about 50%. So I hope you have a wonderful birth this time around. And you just never know.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search