Unsure

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2013, 04:55 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So the nurses think I should be cursing, screaming at the top of my lungs and hunched over in a fetal position when I have contractions.....that is what they say are "REAL" contractions. Other wise, even though I am 4cm dilated and 50% effaced and at almost 38 weeks (shy a few days), I am just having BH contractions.

Well I have been having contractions about 25 min apart in my abdomen as well as my back (I get back labor) since about 9pm last night. About 5:30pm I started to have just about 3 that were 5-7 minutes apart but dwindled off yet he (baby) keeps tightening up possibly because he is reacting to contractions I don't feel.

Also I am very nauseated again and I have already lost my mucus plug yet (TMI) each time I've used the bathroom today I have had more thick mucus/discharge.

Ugh I am so uncomfortable. I don't want to go to L&D because contractions aren't all that regular but I kinda want to go to get monitored to see how close they really are (in case I really can't feel most of them...I didn't feel them at all in my first delivery until the dr broke my water and I got back labor) but DH isn't home and at this time of day (rush hour) it would take him almost 2 hours to get home (which is only about a 1/2 mile to a mile from hospital).

May 30th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be of little help here. I have doctors who tell me that not to call until I cannot breathe through my contractions. (Yeah right. With our second child the doc sent me to L&D when during a planned appointment I was 7 cm dilated. Got to L&D to find out that I was contacting). Other doctor says to call if I have any concerns. I talked with the doc today during a regular appointment. I want to go just naturally but have a fear of not making it to the hospital. He said that if I reach 5 cm it will be my decision whether I want to be admitted. If I get to 7 it is highly recommended that I go directly to L&D. You may want to ask your doc to check you. Perhaps they would provide a like option if you are really concerned about a quick delivery.

May 30th, 2013, 06:00 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Psh I dont even know what a real contraction is anymore, when in doubt go in.

May 30th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post
I will be of little help here. I have doctors who tell me that not to call until I cannot breathe through my contractions. (Yeah right. With our second child the doc sent me to L&D when during a planned appointment I was 7 cm dilated. Got to L&D to find out that I was contacting). Other doctor says to call if I have any concerns. I talked with the doc today during a regular appointment. I want to go just naturally but have a fear of not making it to the hospital. He said that if I reach 5 cm it will be my decision whether I want to be admitted. If I get to 7 it is highly recommended that I go directly to L&D. You may want to ask your doc to check you. Perhaps they would provide a like option if you are really concerned about a quick delivery.

I went in just Tuesday (2 days ago) and I was at a 4cm (well the tip of a 4cm from what dr said) and still 50% effaced...I have another appointment scheduled for Tuesday coming up on the 4th for the afternoon. I am thinking if the contractions get worse (more uncomfortable or unbearable) then I will go in. Right now I am getting quite hungry (haven't had much of an appetite today) and FIL is going to get dinner so lil guy is tumbling and tightening in there and making EVERYTHING uncomfortable. Plus, I hate to go in without DH

May 31st, 2013, 12:05 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Really? then my labor with Nolan was not real labor. I was texting, watching tv, laughing all the way up to the time to push.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

May 31st, 2013, 02:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was the same as you I didn't feel the contractions until the drs broke my watrr thank goodness I was in to be induced bc my contractions were 3-4 min apart I had no clue & I didn't feel them for like 4 hours. Bc of that my dr said pay very close attention to my stomach tightening l (contracting) and it becomes regular at all 4 or 5 or so in an hour to call

May 31st, 2013, 05:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was pretty aware of mine when I was in labor last. I went to the hospital when I got "breathy" between them.

May 31st, 2013, 10:31 AM
I ended up calling my Dr last night who told me me to go get monitored because I had them about 5 minutes apart for over 30 minutes. Got to l&d around 8:05pm (cst) and did paperwork, left urine sample and got hooked up to machines by 8:30pm. Nurse checked me said I really was only 3cm And not sure where My Dr came up with the idea I was on the tip or very darned close to a 4cm....I think I'll trust my on/gyn Over a nurse lol. Anyways, MIL took me to hospital since DH was still at work. After 30 minutes on monitor , Nurse asked if I wanted to stay or go home. I informed her I was not going home after only 30 minutes of monitoring. So at 10:45pm she came back in said I am in fact contracting at a pretty good rate...anywhere from 2-5 minutes but because he had not moved further down and I was still not dilated anymore she had to Send me home. I still am contracting but nurse told me to only come back if my water Breaks, I have signs of high or low blood pressure or I start seeing bright red bleeding like period.
Ugh this stinks.....I'm so uncomfortable.

May 31st, 2013, 10:51 AM
Here's a picture of my chart last night

May 31st, 2013, 11:09 AM
I feel you.. he will come when they time is right.. You still have 3 weeks tell due date, try and relax.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

May 31st, 2013, 11:16 AM
Well technically I have 15 days...about 2 weeks but I'm scheduled to be induced June 10 (10 days from now) if he doesn't make an appearance by then.

May 31st, 2013, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hang in there Teresa! Hopefully you either get some relief or he is ready to come soon

May 31st, 2013, 11:24 AM
well then relax, you have 10 days. relax!

June 1st, 2013, 04:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hang in there and try not to concentrate on the strips. Your top line (FHR) shows well within the range and nice accelerations. What a great sign that you little guy is healthy. The TOCO really cannot tell intensity. A nice curve in the shape of a bell usually indicates contractions. It cannot tell if it is productive though. The most important part of the TOCO is to see if there are FHR decelerations that happen before or after a contraction. I know it is difficult these last couple of weeks. The great news is that you had a great heart tracing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search