Water broke Sunday

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By D&K's_mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2013, 12:09 AM
Mommy to Be
So Sunday while watching tv with hubby my water broke, I was only 36weeks1day do my doctor told me to come into the hospital, so I did I wasn't having any contractions and I did not get the group b strep exam so they hooked me upto the monitors as well as pitocin and an antibiotic as soon as I got there, I was only 1cm dialated at 1pm Sunday when I came in by the next morning when one of my regular doctors came in I was 2cm around 8isham and he saw more membrane that hadn't ruptured so he ruptured it which sent Benito crazy contractions, I got an epidural they checked me again and I was only 3cm dialated after 25houra of labor. Since my water had broke so long ago I was forced to get a c section for the health of the baby, so after my c section the baby was in NICU so I isn't get so see her for awhile =( she had to be on an IV for antibiotics just incase and she had to have a lot of blood work done. Although she did come out 7lb 8oz she is still considered a "late preterm baby". I am breast feeding which made things difficult when I got the c section because I wasn't able to do that first contact or feeding quick enough. My husband had to argue with a nurse over giving her. Binky, he won no pacifiers, in the NICU she even had a sign that said my mom said no pacifiers. they also had to give her formula because her sugar was 31 and it was supposed to be over 50, so for her health they gave it to her. We did skin to skin as soon as I was out of recovery they brought me to the NICU in my recovery bed and let me breast feed. I'm having a difficult time with it because she is a lazy baby , I had two sessions with the lactation consultant and she pretty much told me that a baby born between 35 and 37 weeks is the hardest to breast feed. So it's been very challenging especially with the nurses in the NICU all going different information to you. she has a tongue tie which also makes it more difficult because I have to use a nipple shield because her tongue doesn't come out far enough to do it all by the breast. She goes to the doctor Saturday and may have to have laser surgery to help it. She is very healthy otherwise though. they discharged me thissss morning but I had to wait util about 5 for her to be released because she ha to see the pediatrician. last night was the only night she spent in my room once she was released from
NICU and she was so fussy it was ridiculous. One of the nurses helped me do I could sleep, she wasn't wrapped tight enough in her swaddle blanket so she was screaming at the top of ER lungs and I really felt like it was my fault like she hadn't been getting enough when breast feeding. =( it's so hard. how do you know she has had enough and isn't just being lazy? She passes out all the time when I try to feed her, I don't want to starve my baby , my milk hasn't come in yet I usually feed from the breast for about 15 minutes on each breast and then I pump after. I dont want to give up, does anyone have any breast feeding tips? I'm also waiting because my insurance will apparently cover a pump for me but I har to call the three numbers they gave me tomorrow to see if they have Medela or the other one, ameda I think it is, I have to have the customer 30.5mm flanges so if I get the ameda one I have flanges that will fit it from the hospital. I'm exhausted it's my first night home with my only baby and I can't get comfortable after this c section. Good news is though that hubby has agreed that being a stay at home mom would be a good choice , especially after he saw how much work breast feeding is ... Well I hope everyone is going well here's the info on my little girl;

Lillian Lynn was born may 27th at 2:11pm via emergency c section when she was only 36 weeks. She was 7lbs 8oz and she is now 6 lbs 13 oz as of when we left the hOspital <3<3

May 31st, 2013, 12:34 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! ! So sorry its been a rough road already. As far as nursing it def is a lot of work in the beginning and you will have times when u second guess yourself or worry if baby is getting enough. My advice is to nurse baby as much she wants to nurse and just stick with it! There will be times when you'll probably want to give up but I promise as time goes by it will get much easier!!
Disruptivebubbles likes this.

May 31st, 2013, 01:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your new bundle of joy Sorry things are a little Rocky right now but it will get better!
As far as nursing goes make sure you are drink a TON of water like a big tumbler full each nursing session ic possible eat right & don't try to cut calories. Let your baby nurse as much as she wants. IF you do that she will get enough...don't let the dr tell you she isn't. Oh and you HAVE TO RELAX.
I remember sitting/laying there and relaxing closing my eyes going to a happy place & then the milk would flow. God luck!

May 31st, 2013, 02:41 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
Congrats! I'm sorry you are having a tough time right now, hopefully these ladies can help you.

May 31st, 2013, 04:24 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations on Miss Lillian Lynn!!!
May 31st, 2013, 04:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations. The first week of breastfeeding is the hardest. I congratulate you on all your efforts. Keep working with the doc and the lactation expert. They will be sure to monitor your little girl for signs of not getting enough. You are doing great.

May 31st, 2013, 06:06 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! I'm sorry it's been rough so far. I'm sure things will get better. DD was a lazy nurser. After weeks of trying, I went to exclusive pumping. She would latch, nurse for a few mins, and fall asleep. I would try to wake her to get her to keep nursing, but she wouldn't wake up until I got my shirt back on and then she would scream bloody murder like she was starving to death. It was really rough. So after weeks, I went to pumping and we were all happier and she still got breast milk. Maybe things would have gotten better if I could have stuck with it longer, but we did what worked for us. I'm sure you will be able to get it all worked out. So glad she is all around healthy. I hope you heal quickly! Enjoy your little girl!

May 31st, 2013, 06:12 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Congratulations!!! Keep at breastfeeding. It will get a little easier once her tongue tie is fixed. Sometimes that can make a huge difference in milk production if she isn't able to latch correctly. I had to fight for almost 2 months to get my dd's tongue clipped, but we continued to nurse until she was almost 2.
May 31st, 2013, 07:22 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Can't wait to see pics of her!

May 31st, 2013, 07:44 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!
May 31st, 2013, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Sounds like a bit of a ride...my DD had a severe tongue tie when she was born and the pediatrician just snipped it with some scissors at her first appointment. Milk can also take up to a week to come in, so I wouldn't stress about that. Just keep offering the breast. Some tricks we were taught before were to tickle her cheek as she nurses and undress her so she's a little bit uncomfortable and won't fall asleep as easily. My DD was also in the NICU getting antibiotics for 48 hours after the birth (she had a high white blood cell count) and I remember being really unhappy with all the NICU nurses. They're not used to having full term babies in there and pushed formula and pacifiers non-stop!
May 31st, 2013, 08:42 AM
Rochelle
!!
May 31st, 2013, 08:53 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
congrats! I hope everything gets easier soon
DS: '98, DD: '00, DD: '13, & TTC #4

June 1st, 2013, 12:21 AM
Mommy to Be
She doesn't have the urge to nurse because she's considered a late preterm baby , I have to wake her every 2-3 hours and try to get her to nurse and I have to use a nipple shield because with her tongue tie she can't latch on correctly without it. She did very well today though, and I pump after each feeding from like 7am on I don't do it at night , the lactation consultant has had me doing it since I had her, my milk is coming in nicely today after she nursed I was able to get 1.5oz and was amazed then she woke up an hour later and I gave it to her lol. I'm so going to pump
Extra just to keep it in the frige for when she is being just unwilling to do anything. the lactation consultant did tell us it is hardest to breastfeeding a baby born between 35 and 37 weeks because they're lazy and they haven't developed that urge to eat, she doesn't cry when she gets hungry that's why I have to wake her up she only cries in the middle of the night which is why it's handy to have pumped milk on hand because she will completely refuse the breast and clench her jaw shut web she gets to that point. I am so glad I'm not the only
One that worries about her getting enough to eat , I've had a one track mind that's all I have been thinking about.

We have an appointment with the pediatrician tomorrow morning, wish us luck!

Also random question, how much has everyone's feet swollen after a c section? My feet and calves are more swollen than when I was pregnant =\

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search