So confused. Opinions?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2013, 11:36 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So last night I thought for sure I would have this baby this morning. I was trying to sleep, having lots of sharp back pain (not the normal dull, irritating pain I have had for months from this big belly), lots of cramps, and contractions strong enough to wake me up many times. But then I woke up this morning and they tapered off. They have picked back up again in the last hour or so and now I am feeling super light headed. Like worried I am going to fall walking. I am supposed to leave for work in less than half an hour, but I don't know if that is going to happen... Does all this mean anything or am I just feeling messed up today? I am really confused. And since my labor with DD was anything but normal, I have no idea what to expect going into a normal labor. (Light headedness not due to dehydration bc I have been drinking a ton and I also have eaten well today. No normal explanations for that).

May 31st, 2013, 11:46 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
The lack of consistency probably means that you aren't going to be in labor in the next few hours, but maybe not. I had tons of contractions every day about a week before both of my girls were born. Sometimes a good indicator is if you took a warm shower. If the contractions taper off, not labor. If they continue through and get stronger after, might be a good time to call your doc. That probably doesn't help you right now if you are supposed to leave for work soon.
May 31st, 2013, 12:03 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With this labor when my back started hurting it was so bad I couldn't sit still. I didn't notice how many contractions I was actually having because of it. There was a sharp pain that would come and go and also just really intense constant pain.

I had had a pretty bad backache for about a week pior, but it wasn't unbearable. Also the day I went into labor, I just felt like crap (for lack of better words). My stomach was sore from all the pre-labor contractions and I was nauseated and a little lightheaded. Just felt really off and yucky.

Sounds like you could be getting really close!

May 31st, 2013, 12:28 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought I was going to be having a baby last night as well....as I was in L&D and even the nurse said my contractions were about every 2-5 minutes apart but because I was not dilating anymore and Trey was not moving further down, they sent me home. I've had the same contractions all day...some to the point of bringing me to my knees or making me want to vomit but I think I am just waiting now to the point of my water breaking or to the point of being in screaming agony (which seems to be what the nurses want me to be in before coming back to L&D)

May 31st, 2013, 02:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Let us know how you are doing.

May 31st, 2013, 03:24 PM
Still confused. I've been contracting a lot for over 4 and a half hours. But when I timed them, they are not super regular, but they are also not going away and they are getting more intense. Back pain still happening and I get really breathy with them. But it's not harsh pain over my whole belly like I remember with DD (from the drug induced contractions). I'm achy all over, still fairly light headed, and have to lean over onto a counter or something when the contractions are really strong. I took a shower and only contracted more. Still not sure what to do. Guessing they don't want me in L&D unless the contractions are regular. IN good news, I think I can feel some changes going on down at the business end of things and I definitely think little girl is moving downward a bit. Still waiting to see if this is actually it or if it will be a few more days/weeks. I have a hunch this could be it, but it also could be wishful thinking.
MrsLat likes this.

May 31st, 2013, 05:16 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck!

May 31st, 2013, 06:24 PM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Good luck. I experienced same things yesterday with light bleeding, but didn't have light headedness. My contractions were every 2-5 min for 6 hours. I drank 3 bottles of water, changed positions in bed, walked my house for an hour. Finally made the call to go to L&D, only to be sent home. I was told same thing to wait until water breaks or I can't breathe from pain. If I'm not 39 weeks, they want to do everything to stop labor.

So frustrating not being able to tell if its real thing. I hope it is for real or you get relief soon.

~Kristin~
May 31st, 2013, 10:35 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I had weeks of that with Everett. He was not born until his due date. With Payson I had about a week or so of it and either my body is just freaking amazing or she worked really hard in that week. Either way I hope your body is getting ready and it lets you know its the real deal soon.

June 1st, 2013, 04:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If you are not feeling well a trip to L&D could be a good idea. What is the worst that happens? They send you home. I know that we often feel stupid to go and find out it is false labor. I think that is how we feel and not how the doctor feels. During my last two doctor visits they reminded me that they are there fore me 24/7 365 days per year. The doc told me that I am definitely to all him if I have bleeding of more than a few drops, I break my water, if she is not moving consistently, or if I just an concerned. If you need to hunch over during contractions that come several times an hour you could have them check. The worst is they will send you home. Hope they either stop of your little girl arrives!

June 1st, 2013, 07:21 AM
I was waiting it out to see if things got really painful or super close together before wasting my time with a trip to L&D. After about 6 hours of what I thought was early labor, things just fizzled out. So disappointing and annoying. But then I had another night of contractions that woke me up. I'm having them sporadically this morning, but nothing regular. I still feel like I'm going to pass out and now I feel like I'm going to vomit on top of that. If there are weeks of this, I don't know how I'm going to make it. DH and I have a date night planned for tonight. If labor is actually going to happen soon, it will probably be just in time to ruin date night. Oh well. At least my sister will be staying here with DD... and this would be over. But I don't know if I'm that lucky. I hope this goes away so I can enjoy the evening.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search