Never ending "early labor"

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2013, 06:15 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday, I started contracting at 3:20 and it kept up for hours and hours. At almost 10, I decided to call the dr b/c it was happening, on average, around every 6 mins. She told me to take a bath and come in after an hour if they didn't slow or stop. I did and they didn't. So we went. They hooked me up to a monitor and I was definitely having real contractions. The nurse came in to check the graph and could tell by glancing over from the doorway that I was having a big one at that moment and she was a good 10 feet from the machine. But when the dr checked me, I was only dilated 2.5. She said that's early labor and they wouldn't keep me unless I was already 4. She said I was definitely in early labor and this could go on for a few more hours of a couple of days. DAYS?! So much for a shorter labor this time. She told me to go home, take Tylenol, and get some rest. I did, but I could tell when I got up to go to the bathroom and when I got up this morning that they were still coming just like last night. I hope things start getting more productive. This is supremely irritating and I just want it to be for real, going to have a baby labor.

Has anyone else had this happen? How long did it take? It's been about 18 hours of the same thing...

June 3rd, 2013, 06:42 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Fingers crossed hon that they pick up and start doing something soon!

June 3rd, 2013, 07:11 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope they pick up soon!
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
June 3rd, 2013, 08:42 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs hun I hope things become productive for you soon!! Go for a walk with your DH and if you have any stairs walk up and down those stairs and hopefully that will help speed things up!

June 3rd, 2013, 09:31 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been having them since this passed Thursday yet I'm not dilating anymore and baby isn't moving down anymore. And I've had them coming every 2-5 minutes sometimes shooting into my upper back. Talk about painful uncomfortable and exhausting

June 3rd, 2013, 09:38 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
I'm sorry. Early labor can last for weeks, you are not considered true active labor tell 4 cms. hang in there, your time will come.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

June 3rd, 2013, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope things go for you really soon. Has to be difficult waiting.

June 3rd, 2013, 09:58 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I did with Everett. I contracted in and off for 4 weeks. He came on his edd. But once active labor hit it was very short. Hang in there.

June 3rd, 2013, 10:02 AM
This has been constant for almost 22 hours now. It's not coming and going, it's very much steady. They are starting to get slightly more uncomfortable, but nothing really approaching real pain yet. I called the dr office to see if there was anything else I can do (I have been walking around the house b/c it's raining outside, walking the stairs, and doing laundry most of the day) and they told me to have sex. Unfortunately, DH has a nasty cold. So that's prob not in the cards. I have never prayed for pain before today, but I have been praying for painful contractions all morning. I will keep it up, but I am so frustrated!

June 3rd, 2013, 10:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Give DH 24 hours to recover. Then tell him he started this and it is his job to end it
MarylandMama likes this.

June 3rd, 2013, 10:09 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Try getting on your hands and knees wih an arched back during the contraction. She may not be in an optimal position for her to begin active labor. You can also sit on the floor with you feet together with a straight back. Hang in there Hun.
MamaSkunk likes this.

June 3rd, 2013, 10:09 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Go walk the mall, I did that with Nolan.. Do you have a exercise ball? that will help a lot with the contractions

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

June 3rd, 2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
Try getting on your hands and knees wih an arched back during the contraction. She may not be in an optimal position for her to begin active labor. You can also sit on the floor with you feet together with a straight back. Hang in there Hun.
I will definitely try this! Thanks for the tip!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search