Log In Sign Up

update from dr appt today...mixed emotions I just need to get it out!


Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
June 3rd, 2013, 01:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
I had an u/s to determine fluid levels & placement of babies that my high risk sat in for then my NST then my apt with my high risk dr. this morning. Fluid levels are sufficient, babies behaved for the NST and looked great and the lady who did it was very competent thank goodness! Also my cervix is softening and not shortening so that is good! But the doctor is concerned with how delivery is going to with the massive fibroid I gave that is located on the fundus of the uterus and if you are looking at my stomach it starts at my belly button and is about 5.5-6 inches wide and tall so it is HUGE!
My dr says I can definitely try to go for a vaginal delivery if B doesn't turn breech(though he didn't sound confident) bc baby A's head is below the fibroid even though the sac is partially behind the fibroid but there are a lot of unknowns in my situation bc 1. after baby A comes out there is no telling if the drs will be able to turn baby B in time to get it in place before my uterus contracts too much & a breech extraction is out of the picture bc the significant size difference(baby A was 5 lbs & baby B 7lbs 2 weeks ago)2. they don't know if the fibroid is going to move & block baby B from getting into place but it is very possible bc of the placement. 3. they are not even sure my uterus is going to dilate properly bc of all the fibroids but mainly the large one acting like a foreign object. The dr explained it to me but it was far to technical for me to try and explain again.
So then it had me thinking well is a c section a better option but when I asked about the c section the dr said there are risks that route as well bc depending on the placement of the fibroids they might have to do the incision vertical on my uterus instead of horizontal which I do not want so I just feel very mixed about everything...it's like cow poop in one hand & pig poop in the other....which one do you want! UGH!

It's not like I really have a choice it will go how it will go and I just need to go along with the ride but I such a control freak that it bugs me...and I know if I jut went with a csection that I would regret not trying for a vaginal delivery.

Please pray that everything goes ok for me and no huge issues arise, I would really appreciate it!
__________________
My BABIES





Reply With Quote
  #2  
June 3rd, 2013, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 2,111
Many prayers. It sounds like you have a good doctor who will help you through the decision. Definitely KUP.
__________________
Kimberly

Reply With Quote
  #3  
June 3rd, 2013, 01:58 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,682
I will be praying for you.
__________________
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
Reply With Quote
  #4  
June 3rd, 2013, 01:59 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Maryland, near DC
Posts: 1,145
Prayers your way for sure! That is really being stuck b/t a rock and a hard place. I really hope everything works out for both babies to be delivered in the way that is best for all of you! Hugs!
__________________
Karen





Reply With Quote
  #5  
June 3rd, 2013, 02:14 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Paul MN
Posts: 773
I will be praying everything works out well!
__________________
Kyla
Mommy to Isaac 8.1.07 Gabriel 7.2.09 and Samuel 6.15.13
Angel Babe 9-16-2012 5wks
Reply With Quote
  #6  
June 3rd, 2013, 06:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: East Coast :)
Posts: 1,320
Keeping you in my thoughts.

It seems like this whole twin deal is just one big roller coaster ride.
__________________
Thanks cavewoman for the amazing siggie!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
June 3rd, 2013, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post
Keeping you in my thoughts.

It seems like this whole twin deal is just one big roller coaster ride.
That is for sure! It doesn't help that I have a huge fibroid that is almost as big as a baby messing thing up! My high risk dr. refers to it as the 3rd baby without a name or the basketball.

I will be thinking about you too! I hope all goes well with you and your baby boys Please update asap so I am not worrying about you 3!
__________________
My BABIES





Reply With Quote
  #8  
June 3rd, 2013, 08:01 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 3,061
Oh geez that is a tough decision to make :/ I would say you have to go with what your gut tells you and remember that if you do chose to opt for a c section instead then don't beat yourself up Melissa. Its nothing to be ashamed of. Especially if that fibroid puts any risks to you or to either of those precious babes. And I know how you want to have everything in your control but unfortunately sometimes you have to let go of the reins and let God call the shots. I know you want to go vaginal cause that's what you want but you have to remember it'll be OK if it doesn't happen. So stop beating yourself up. Hugs!!!
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #9  
June 3rd, 2013, 09:38 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 36,846
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Praying for you Hun!
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #10  
June 3rd, 2013, 09:48 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Sept 2014 DDC Co-host
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,569
Praying!
__________________
~*Valerie*~
JaxonJocelyn Gabriel Grayson and due in September!


Reply With Quote
  #11  
June 4th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Thanks ladies I will try for a vaginal delivery and whatever happens will happen if I get to fantastic if I don't it least I know I tried. If I didn't try I know I would regret it.
__________________
My BABIES





Reply With Quote
  #12  
June 4th, 2013, 07:16 AM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ky
Posts: 1,340
Hope all goes well praying for you!
__________________


Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:01 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0