Sigh I wish I had more "balls"

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree32Likes
  • 10 Post By phantomsgrl11
  • 1 Post By 4hearts
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 8 Post By zkat
  • 3 Post By Kyla0709
  • 1 Post By crawmommy
  • 2 Post By Steph625
  • 3 Post By zombiemommy
  • 2 Post By Kalynas_Mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2013, 07:53 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
My cousin's wife just posted this as her status
Very scary: every 5 days a baby dies because of suffocation. This can happen because they share a bed with their parent(s), have stuffed animals in their crib, bummer pads around crib, and/or extra blankets in the bed. Wow! Thank goodness my kids had NONE of these as infants. Scary!

And a few days ago she made a post about having a large family without a lot of money. I really feel like she is posting digs at our family and I want to scream!

June 4th, 2013, 08:02 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
haha I'm such a ***** I'd post something like VERY scary : everyday they allow morons to post status updates and even worse....they allow them to become parents.

June 4th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Rochelle
People can be so brainwashed.
navywifey2003 likes this.
June 4th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH is part of a large family (1 of 7 children). They did not have a lot of money. His parents were good people. They had good values They worked hard for what they had. They always had "enough". 5 children can share a room. Today they are still close. The all work. They volunteer. While I do not want 7 children, I cannot say they made the wrong decision.

DH and I each have a good education. We have been blessed with good employment. A lot of that comes from a good work ethic our parents taught. (My parents were far from rich). I work hard to try to give my children the best in life. I know what they need far greater than anything else is unconditional love. I tell them that a parent's heart is different. That no matter what it is impossible for us not to love them. We may get angry at some of their actions or decisions. We will always love them though. If you can give each child the attention and love they deserve and need then the size of your decision.

June 4th, 2013, 08:15 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That is so obnoxious. I hate when people start drama on status updates.
June 4th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Thank you Kim. We were not planning on 4 children, maybe eventually but certainly not now. But I know I am a good mom and give my kids what they need no matter what, they are my number 1 priority.

Oh Courtney she is beyond obnoxious. When I posted about our NCB wih Everett she asked why are you going to win a medal or something. I don't push my beliefs on people, if they are asking I will be honest but if our ways don't work for others I don't condem them. She gets under my skin!

June 4th, 2013, 08:34 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What children need is unconditional love, a nurturing and caring environment, discipline, and laughter, all of which are free. You can provide healthy meals, clothes and a roof over their heads without spending thousands of dollars.

I am 1 of 6. Even craziers is my dad was a single parent to 4 of us for almost 4 years. He has an modest middle income job. We didn't have designer labels or a lot of extras. We didn't get to do a lot of extra curricular activities that cost a lot of money because we just didn't have it. I remember a couple of times he telling us - I am just going to get some basics at the store and we will make do. And we did. I don't remember $ struggles. I remember him dressing us all up for Halloween as punk rockers. And I remember nightly runs with him, listening to credence Clearwater revival in the back yard and chasing fireflies in the summer. I remember him being at every soccer game and track meet until I graduated. He never told me I couldn't. When I asked to play on the guys high school soccer team, he said Go show them how it's done.

We didn't need money to make those happy memories. We needed a very special parent that gave us everything he had that matter -his love and support.

So tell you cousin's ****** wife to get off her high horse and look at what really matters in life.
June 4th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Super Mommy
I'm with everyone else. Kids don't see money as love, they just don't. My daddy was the son of a farmer, and one of seven kids. My grandma made their clothes. He was the most ethical and good man I've ever known. He had an excellent career while I was growing up, yet he NEVER spoiled us. And he told me when I got older that he'd rather give my brothers and I experiences rather than stuff. I remember every single camping trip, he went to all of my sporting events/band concerts. My mom was raised dirt poor with two other sisters and she was the kindest person I've ever known. My DH is one of six kids whose single mother could hardly scrape together enough money to buy groceries and him and his brothers and sister are, hands down, the most generous kids I have ever met in my life. I have never known pre teens to actually fight over who gets to give up their bedroom for their nephews when we go to visit. Best kids ever! Even now, we don't have tons of money. I know some people look down on us when we pull up in our very not new car that's seen better days and pile out with two kids and me with my big belly. I couldn't give less of a ****. We sacrificed those types of ammenities when we decided I should stay home with the kids while they're young. (Nothing against working moms, y'all are badasses!) As inevitable as it is, I really don't like when others pass judgment, it really gets on my nerves. I try so hard not to do it to other people, it's not my place, you know?
June 4th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I bet she knows what she is doing and don't give her the satisfaction of letting it get under your skin. People like that are usually unhappy and are just looking to try to put someone down for something they usually know nothing about. You clearly have something she doesn't and wants...high 5 to you!

June 4th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Sounds like she is really judgemental. One day she will be the one who gets judges and it sounds like it won't be pretty!

This little guy will make #4 for us as well. We live comfortably but don't have much extra. There is one thing I've learned very recently...money isn't everything. When I had a lot of money but no love of a family...I wasn't truly happy. But now I don't have a lot of money but I do have the love of a family...and I couldn't be happier. It sounds like you can't be happier either! So just ignore her, hide her posts, or something. Blah to her!!!
navywifey2003 and zkat like this.
June 4th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Thank you ladies for sharing your stories with me. I feel a lot better now. I hid her from my feed so I don't see her unless I go to her page.

June 5th, 2013, 05:54 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree that ignoring her will get under her skin more than any biting comment.
June 5th, 2013, 05:56 AM
zombiemommy's Avatar Veteran
I've had a few of these passive aggressive updates directed towards me and certain choices I have and will make regarding my kids, mainly because my mother puts my business all over the internet... but, as much as I want to run my mouth and say something (gah, I have to fight myself so hard not to), I just leave a simple "lol". I've never seen someone so aggravated before over three little letters. I've effectively rustled jimmies and shut down snarky statuses/comments towards myself with "lol", it feels like I'm wielding an equally passive aggressive super power.
June 5th, 2013, 11:03 PM
She has no balls either, someone else other than me must have messaged her or said something because said status has since been deleted. I am not one to push my views on people so when someone tries to do it to me in a passive aggressive way it really gets to me. Thanks for the support ladies!

June 6th, 2013, 04:28 AM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
What a jerk. I would say something

June 6th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I hate passive aggressive digs about other peoples parenting choices. As someone else said I wouldn't even give her the satisfaction of getting into it with her.

For the record I grew up in a very wealthy family. As a child I had everything money could buy, vacations, private school etc. but I was a VERY unhappy, and it was a very lonely childhood. The material items make absolutely no difference if you don't have loving, supporting and involved parents. DH grew up with very little money and I envy the closeness and tight knit bonds that still exist in their family unit.

Obviously you need money to raise children, but certainly not as much as some would claim you do. I know that Kalyna and Alek won't be able to do a million extra curricular activities for example, and that we won't go on vacations every year, or hit up Disney World as often as I did as a child. I know as a parents DH and I sacrifice any luxuries we might desire to give our kids as much as we possibly can. But what they will have on an everyday basis far exceeds all of that.

Oh and we bedshare......scary!
4hearts and MamaSkunk like this.

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search