Appt with midwife this morning

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2013, 08:00 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After my horrific night of terrible back pain and no sleep, I called my midwifes' office so they could tell me what to do. They couldn't tell me anything on the phone I hadn't been trying since yesterday, so they told me to come in. I have only seen the midwife who was there today once before. My usual person is off today. She was in call at the hospital all night last night (I would have called there if I had known that). This chick basically told me there is nothing she can do, she can't induce or even sweep my membranes until 39 weeks. I was in there sobbing, begging for some help b/c I am so exhausted. She kept talking forever and stressed that even though 4 cm is active labor, she walked around for weeks and eventually had to be induced. I specifically said I couldn't hear that in the state I was in and she kept at it and said it 3 more times after that. And made it a point to tell me that I could go overdue like this. She didn't even know I had another kid already, let alone how my labor with her had gone and she said something like, just bc my first labor was easy didn't mean this one was going to be. Oh, wait! My first labor was awful! But this is proving to be worse! I could go on and on, she was horrible. The only good thing that came out of it is that when she checked me, I am 3.5 sm dilated, which is one more than on Sunday and she is now at a -1 station instead of -2. She is still facing my right side and isn't moving. But this lady pretty much told me to give up bc it sounds like she won't turn before active labor. She also assumed I want an epidural just b/c she really wasn't listening to me and thought I was upset b/c of the pain. It isn't the pain that is driving me nuts! It's the constant contracting! I wanted to say, "How about I slap you every few minutes for 3 days and see how your sanity holds up?!"

I am hoping that I can dilate that last .5 cm and that hard labor will finally kick in today. I went for a walk when I came home, looked up accupressure points for labor and had DH do them, and I think I am going for a pedicure in a little bit. DH is working form home today so I can try to bring on labor and/or get some rest. I so need relief! I like the midwife on call today, even though I haven't seen her much. I just hope that if this takes until tomorrow that the chick I saw today isn't there. I really don't want to see her face again.

June 5th, 2013, 09:28 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a frustrating appointment. It's so hard to get a deaf ear when you really need support. Hopefully you can kick your labor into high gear and get things going. Good luck.

June 5th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope that things start quickly for you. At my 36 week appointment I was 3. Had lots of contractions and was again at 3 at 37 weeks. Six days later I am at 6 (and I literally felt not contractions last week). It can happen really fast. Hoping today for you.

June 5th, 2013, 07:14 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Huge hugs Hun. I hope you go into labor soon!

June 6th, 2013, 09:52 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs hun! I know how you feel. I was having awful contractions for nearly 5 days straight before I was induced. All the pain aside, it's just exhausting to not get a break from that. The good news is, even though I was induced, I went really quickly once my water broke. Hopefully the same will happen for you since your body is doing all this work beforehand!
navywifey2003 likes this.

June 6th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you are doing well today.

I wanted to add that hitting 4 may not change what they do. I am not trying to disappoint you in any way. I hope you deliver today. I really do. I just don't want you to get false hopes. I was dilated to 6 and was 90% yesterday. The doctor was not technically allowed to induce me. I had a very fast delivery last time. Our concerns are me making it to the hospital in time. What he did offer was three ways to get contractions started. He thinks that by Saturday I will get to 7. He then said if I take him up on one of the three options (yes, he mentioned dtd as this will at least cause the uterus to contract) and I had contractions when I arrived he would not send me home. They would not be true labor contractions. However, dilation of 7 plus any contractions would be enough for him considering how quick my prior delivery happened. Otherwise the hospital protocol is no induction prior to 39 weeks unless for maternal or fetal health.

Last edited by Kim3; June 6th, 2013 at 10:35 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search