THAT nurse

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By KellBell2621
  • 1 Post By sunnydaze
  • 1 Post By 4hearts
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By D&K's_mama
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 2 Post By zkat
  • 2 Post By 4hearts

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Rochelle
I wish I didn't have to deal with THAT nurse at every appointment. The one that barely utters one word to me and acts cold as ice. I really don't know what I did to offend her or if that's even it. If I ask her a question like "What was the heart-rate?" She says "In the 150's" but I have to ASK every time. Is it really that hard to announce the number? She just comes off really hateful and takes the joy out of it. Today I asked her to feel and see if that's the head up by my ribs bc I'm pretty sure this l/o is breech. She tried for 2.2 seconds and then muttered "maybe" and walked out. Like WTH?!

I'm nervous about the baby almost being here and I dread these apts as it is. The OB has a really lackadaisical approach to some of our birth wishes but agrees to them. He acts like we're hung up on details but is anything small when it's about the well-being of your newborn?! I'm so sick of this. Today he said something about me having the baby next week and then I was like "no, we discussed this before, I'm going to go overdue." and he shrugged and walked away. I feel like I'm not being heard or cared for.

Unless he does super duper wonderful at the c/s, I won't be using his practice again in the future (if need be). I'm very frustrated.

Thanks for reading.
June 5th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Super Mommy
how frustrating! this is YOUR baby, of course the little things are important to you! i hate how some doctors/nurses can be so cold. i had an awful nurse during my labor/delivery with my ds and looking back i really wish i had asked for someone else b/c she was so nasty.

i hope it all works out in the end for you *hugs*
4hearts likes this.
June 5th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think they become desensitized to it all. I hate my Drs too.
4hearts likes this.

June 5th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Rochelle
I just wish they'd put themselves in OUR place. This is a huge event for us no matter how many children we already have it's always just as special and important each time. Plus we pay them sooo much for these diddly apts where they act like they run the show. They forget they work for us, I feel.
MamaSkunk likes this.
June 5th, 2013, 06:19 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm sorry the office staff acts like that towards you. Bedside manner really matters
4hearts likes this.
June 5th, 2013, 06:38 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Huge hug Hun! I really hope you have a wonderful c/s experience.
4hearts likes this.

June 5th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Rochelle
Thanks y'all It'll prob be better than the last 3 times at least since this one won't be an emergency. I'm def looking forward to that aspect of it.
June 5th, 2013, 07:51 PM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There's a nurse that's like that @ my ob ..I dont have to deal with her everytime but when I do It totally just ruins my entire apt! Shes just rude and hateful!
4hearts likes this.

June 5th, 2013, 08:09 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The ultrasound tech I had today was kinda rude and b word like that today. And the receptionist nurse at my drs office yelled at me when I asked for next appt to be scheduled because nothing was available this week except for Tuesday which was like 3 days after last weeks appt. I ended up skipping that appt anyway but she was awful and always is so rude when I have to schedule the next appt.
4hearts likes this.

June 5th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Rochelle
D&K's and Karry I'm sorry you're going through similar stuff.

Yea I was really peeved and when I originally wrote this post I was so emotional about it I was tearing up. I get the feeling this nurse doesn't care for preggos which makes no sense to me. Why be in that career field then?
June 5th, 2013, 08:14 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry she is such a witch! Nurses are so vital to our care, it sucks when you get nurse ratchet!
4hearts and MamaSkunk like this.
June 5th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Rochelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkat View Post
Sorry she is such a witch! Nurses are so vital to our care, it sucks when you get nurse ratchet!
LOL, I totally want to watch again or re-read "One flew over the cuckoos nest" now!
zkat and MamaSkunk like this.
June 5th, 2013, 11:09 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I almost always prefer nurses over drs most of the time anyway. I've always felt like drs never tell me anything the nurse hasn't already told me. Heck I've even had a nurse diagnose me when the Dr couldn't figure it out even after running tons of tests and bloodwork. Most drs I've had to deal with in my life(which is a frickin ton thanks to my medical probs) seem to act like I'm just a paycheck. But yet there does always seem to be that one nurse that isn't awesome like the rest...as kat said the nurse ratchet precisely. I hate dealing with them!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search