Baby Name Dilemma

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 2 Post By SassySami
  • 1 Post By 4hearts
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By Josie+Shpala
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By crawmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2013, 03:51 PM
KellBell2621's Avatar Eli & Hailey's Mommy!
Do you know of anyone who had a name set in stone and then changed it after baby was born? I have been the most indecisive person this entire pregnancy trying to pick a name. We have decided on Hayley and have told everyone. We bought and painted the letters to go above her crib and have written her name on all the shower thank you cards and posted it on facebook. We were going to go with Hayley Siobhan but we might go back to our original choice of Hayley Nicole. UGH. i'm just so afraid that once she is born (im 36 weeks now) that i'll change my mind AGAIN! We've had Hayley picked out for about 3 months now (changed the spelling twice) but we also liked Molly, Sophia, Faith, and Aubrey. (Brother's name is Eli) I do love the name Hayley and am very happy with it I just don't know if i'm 100% sure and am worried I'll change my mind. Anyone else go through this or know someone who has? I put so much pressure on myself to pick a name and now i feel embarrassed if i change my mind and i dont want to annoy anyone (especially my husband - oh my gosh, he's had enough of my indecisiveness!)
June 5th, 2013, 04:10 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were dead set on naming her Cecily Ann for awhile until DF changed his mind AGAIN. About 2 weeks ago, we settled on McKinley Ann but I decided not to tell a soul in case one of us changed our minds again. We even had a few backups ready in case McKinley didn't fit when we saw her. The moment I held her and DF and I both got a good look at her, we both knew that nothing else fit. She is McKinley and I can't see her as anything else.

No worries mom! You will know when you have the right name, whether it is now or after she is born. Don't worry about what anyone else says!

June 5th, 2013, 04:38 PM
thank you! me and dh just discussed it and i said 'honestly, i might just have to wait and see her.' and i think he finally understood that i just can't have a name set until then. usually he gets kind of upset when i change my mind but this time since i didn't say any other names, just that i'll know when i see her he seemed to be okay with. Even with my son (we decided on his name 1 week before birth) i had been torn between two names and it took me a couple months to get used to the one we chose for him! i said if we ever get pregnant again i won't even pick a name, just have a list, until i see them. you're right, who cares what anyone else says/thinks!
June 5th, 2013, 04:40 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Yeah we were set on Henry, but we have changed our minds. Only a handful of people know his name now.
MamaSkunk and KellBell2621 like this.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

June 5th, 2013, 04:54 PM
I'm glad i am not the only one! i said earlier to my husband that once we pick her name (if different than hayley) we'll tell everyone we knew that was the name all along we just wanted it to be a surprise ;-) lol. mine as well have fun with it instead of stressing myself out!
June 5th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Rochelle
Yea, we have had such troubles with our girl name, it's redonkulous. The boy name we have is set but the girl name has gone from:

Emmaline Juniper
to
Emaline Juniper
to
Evie Iris or Emmaline Iris
to
Emmaline Iris

DH just cannot make up his mind. REALLY hope this is a boy, haha. I'm sure friends/fam/and ppl on here are like
KellBell2621 likes this.
June 5th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With our first we did not find out gender. The name we chose early on for a boy was Mason . Then just weeks before I delivered we were not certain. A week prior to my edd we discussed Aleksander. The next day I went into labor. When he was born I told the nurse I needed a little time to chose the name
KellBell2621 likes this.

June 5th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Josie+Shpala's Avatar Я русская)))))
We don't even have a name so there goes that
KellBell2621 likes this.
Baby #4 arriving in September
June 5th, 2013, 06:48 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I was worried a bit with Everett and Payson. Everett I wasn't 100% in love with it but Kyle was, when he was born I knew that was who he was meant to be though. Payson I was worried it just wouldn't fit. But hers is the first time I don't feel odd calling her by her name. She is my little Pay.
KellBell2621 likes this.

June 5th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie+Shpala View Post
We don't even have a name so there goes that
Ditto...no girls names agreed upon & I'm delivering later today..
KellBell2621 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search