Baby's head pressing on nerves

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ladies, I'm in so much pain - I swear it's at least as bad as, if not worse than, actually being in labour. The past month or so, I've been getting those zings of pain shooting through my groin, down through my inner thigh from the baby's head pressing on a nerve. I remember it happening a few times with my first pregnancy, enough to make me gasp a little...but nothing like this. Today has been so bad, that every time I stand up, I'm in excruciating pain. I've been crying for hours, because every time I move, it's agonizing. I've been trying to do some stretches on my hands and knees to get him to switch positions, but it doesn't seem to be working. It was so bad a few days ago and I called my midwife because I thought maybe something was wrong - but she just confirmed that it's because his head is so low and pressing on a nerve. It's even worse today than it was then. And basically, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. Contractions I can deal with, at least that's a productive pain...but this is just pointless and terrible and I've gotten to the point where I feel like I can't handle it anymore. I don't know what to do. DH is on his way home from work because I called him and told him I needed him, but there's not really anything he can do to help me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for relief?

June 6th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No suggestions, but praying you feel better and baby comes soon!
June 6th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I really have no advice that you haven't tried (changing positions). I am really rooting that you deliver today.

June 6th, 2013, 11:52 AM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
I had something similar very early on, and that has started to come back I'm afraid, and my doctor's only suggestion was to try to keep my hips as even as possible. No tucking on leg under me when I sit, or shifting weight to one side when I stand, etc. helped earlier on, but not so much anymore :/ Wish I had some better answers because it does suck.
June 6th, 2013, 12:33 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I did have suggestions. I have been having the same pains, but not as constant. Mine happen when I walk sometimes and they are so random and unexpected that they have almost made me fall a few times. They have gotten more frequent in the last few days. I hope your little man decided to vacate soon. I know you have been pregnant long enough! Hugs!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search