Is this it? Maybe?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2013, 03:57 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Earlier today, the contractions that I have been having all week slowed down a bit. Then about two and a half hours ago... BAM! They picked back up and started actually getting painful for the first time. I haven't timed anything yet bc I don't want to jinx myself, but I did put my parents on alert for getting DD. It's getting closer and closer to bedtime, so I think I'm going to have them come get her soon. I'm feeling pretty confident that this could really be it, although I am CAUTIOUSLY optimistic given the way the week is going. I can feel a lot of the contractions in my back, which I guess I should given her position. I am thinking if the pain keeps increasing like it has over the last couple of hours, we will end up in L&D in a few more hours. And my favorite midwife that I REALLY want to deliver me is there tonight. Really hoping this is it! I will update later!

June 6th, 2013, 03:58 PM
rcjh12's Avatar Nicole
Hoping this is it for you! Good luck
June 6th, 2013, 03:59 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope this is it for you! Keep us updated!
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
June 6th, 2013, 04:08 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Take a nice bath relax, and see where the night goes Good luck

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

June 6th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Rochelle
GL with everything! ELVs!
June 6th, 2013, 04:17 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! I hope it's the real deal!
June 6th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck!!
June 6th, 2013, 04:46 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope this is it! Keep us posted.
June 6th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Veteran
yay good luck hun!!
June 6th, 2013, 05:25 PM
I think this is the real deal. They have gotten longer, stronger, and closer together. I called my midwife to check on when I should come in when they had been 4 mins apart and lasting about a minute for half an hour. She said to wait until I couldn't talk through them and told me that would probably happen after about an hour of that. I am slowly getting to that point. My mom came and took DD, last minute stuff is going in the bag, and the car is getting packed. I'm sure we will be heading out soon. I will update from there! Hoping to have good things to report in a few hours!

June 6th, 2013, 05:41 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
How exciting!!!!!!!!!

June 6th, 2013, 05:53 PM
So exciting!
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
June 6th, 2013, 06:03 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay! Keep us posted!
June 6th, 2013, 06:11 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay! Good luck. ELV's!!!
June 6th, 2013, 06:20 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay!! Good luck Karen!!!

June 6th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good Luck. Looking forward to logging on in the morning to hear you delivered.

June 7th, 2013, 03:06 AM
We were all set to go, DD at my mom's house, regular contractions with very real pain, consistently 4 mins apart, just waiting for them to get to the point I couldn't talk through them and then... they just started slowing until they stopped. Around 11, they were so infrequent, I decided to go to bed in the hopes that I would get a bit of rest and they would come back worse than before. They did... for about 5 contractions. Could just barely talk through those, thought we were back in business, and then more nothing. I barely slept and I am so discouraged. Going to get DD from my mom's house now to be there when she wakes up. I will have to take her to my ob appt today. I am exhausted and sore all over. This is so wretched. Desperately trying to keep that better perspective I got the other night, but it's getting really hard again. And to top it off, I missed my favorite midwife's last day in L&D for several days (there are 4 of them that rotate and she was on Tues & Thurs) and there is a dramatically increased chance that if I go today or over the weekend, I will have the one that I really don't like... Ugh. Babies are so uncooperative.

June 7th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Sorry they stopped again. I hope you get some good news at your appointment today!
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

June 7th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully they were at least really productive. Perhaps you will go to your appointment today and find out that you really dilated to like a 6 or 7.

June 7th, 2013, 10:08 AM
My appointment today was SO frustrating. Not only were the contractions from yesterday not at all productive, the midwife I saw on Wed that I did not like apparently knows nothing b/c I am not progressed as much as she said I was. I saw the really good one today that I like and she told me I am 3 cm, 50-60% effaced, and the head is at a -2 station. (On Wed, the other one told me 3.5, 50%, and -1.) Also, I said the same thing today as I did on Wed about her position and pointed to where baby's back is, just like I did on Wed. On Wed, the chick said that there was nothing she could do to get her to turn. Today, I was immediately told that she is in the best position she could possibly be in. She is, in fact, in exactly the right position for easiest birth, left occipital anterior, which means her back is toward my left side, but slanted to the front, and 90% of babies are born from that position. Apparently, the midwife I saw on Wed doesn't know anything about anterior/posterior positions. And she is the one who will be in the hospital all weekend if I go into real labor tomorrow or Sunday. Ugh! I like the person who will be there until 7am tomorrow, and my favorite will be there on Tuesday. I like the person who will be there on Mon, but that is MIL's bday and if this baby is born then, she will never have a bday of her own b/c MIL will make it all about her and insist on spending the day visiting us every year from here on out. Really hoping for any day but Monday. If nothing happens by next Friday, she will sweep my membranes and she thinks that will be enough to get things going. If not, she said I can go in and do pitocin to get me to something like 5cm and then turn it off. She thinks once I get that far, they won't need it. It's up to me if I want to do that or not. At first, I said no, but after thinking it over, this baby is coming by next Friday, no matter what. I would just rather it be sooner than later.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search