And then it hits you

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Kim3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You are really having a baby. I had a very long weekend. At the beginning of the week I had no idea how I would make it another 2 1/2 weeks. Then on Wednesday the doc found that I dilated to 6. I was so certain there was no change from the prior week (when I was 3). He wants me to come to the hospital tomorrow. If I am further than 6 it is baby time.

Last night I worked until 7:15 trying to get things on the office done. I than ran to pick up my son from swim team. I was living normal life. Then it hit me. Life could on change in 48 hours. I could be holding and caring for a baby girl. What am I thinking. I am not ready. How is it all going to work. I know it will. I know we are all waiting for delivery. Now that tomorrow is a real possibility it is just a little like wow. In some ways life is easier with her inside. Perhaps I will have to forget to call the doctor tomorrow.
hilachu, 4hearts, MrsLat and 1 others like this.

June 7th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Super Mommy
I feel you on this one! On one level, I KNOW our house will again be overrun with baby stuff, on the other level, I just can't imagine having another child. It's kind of surreal. Although I remember feeling like this when I was pregnant with my second and the moment he was born it was like he was always meant to be there. I'm in the same boat, my blood pressures are budging, despite being on medications. I'm fully term as of today and if there is a significant amount of protein in my 24 hour catch tonight when I turn it in at the hospital they will keep me and start induction. It's safer for him to come out. On one hand I am soooo excited to meet him and soooo ready to have this anxiety about the pre-eclampsia over with. On the other hand, I'm afraid because it is still a little early, and I don't want him taken from me to the NICU like my first was. I'm sad because with these issues that I have at the end of pregnancy have convinced me I should never have another child, despite being only 24. But I don't think I could handle more than three boys anyways
June 7th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Rochelle
Even though I may have 3 weeks left, I'm kinda freakin out in this way too. It's scary!
June 7th, 2013, 07:21 PM
D&K's_mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been feeling the same exact way and actually a lil overwhelmed! Even though I have prepared for this baby since the 2 lines showed up on that stick I still have times I'm thinking wow am I ready for this! Dd is 15 months old and is finally in a routine and our home seems a little calmer than it has for a while and now we are going g to be having another baby!!! I'm super excited to meet him and hold him, just little nervous on how its gona change things! I know once hes here it'll all be ok though!

June 8th, 2013, 06:09 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I know what you mean. We've just been plugging away like normal and it's hard to imagine how much our lives are going to change in a matter of a week or two. I'm pretty nervous about suddenly staying home with 3 kids, getting the girls to swim lessons, and then school, preschool, and dance classes in the fall.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search