So blessed

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 10 Post By MarylandMama
  • 1 Post By mommyandwife08
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama
  • 2 Post By eshute

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2013, 03:15 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's been a rough week, to say the least, but I have to say that DH has been wonderful (other than a brief period of irritating me on Tuesday). Last night when we thought I was in labor, we were watching Masterchef on the DVR and they made cheesecakes. It made me want cheesecake so bad. So when he got home from work today, he told me to look up what kind of cheesecake I wanted and he is right now on his way, in pouring rain, to the nearest Cheesecake Factory to bring me a whole cheesecake. (Part of the prompt for this, I think, was that my midwife told me this morning I needed to eat more b/c I am losing weight at this point and my urine test indicated that I'm not getting enough calories.) He makes me crazy sometimes, but I am so grateful for a husband who tries to pick me up when I'm down and will go well out of his way to try to make me happy when it's unexpected and there isn't much in it for him.

June 7th, 2013, 03:37 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is very sweet of him! Masterchef always makes me hungry.
My DH is on his way to chipotle and to find me some chocolate chips cookies. I have been having such an off day today, I am grateful I only had to make supper for the kids.
MarylandMama likes this.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
June 7th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Veteran
how sweet! sending labor vibes your way <3
June 7th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a good guy. You deserve the entire cheesecake after your week.
D&K's_mama likes this.

June 7th, 2013, 05:44 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww so sweet. My DH always makes me cheesecake when I ask him to (I almost always ask for a blackberry cheesecake lol) even tho he detests cream cheese and therefore won't taste test it.

June 7th, 2013, 06:15 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How sweet! He sounds like a really good guy Even the best ones can have their incredibly irritating moments... (I know that all too well, lol)

June 7th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
Aww so sweet. My DH always makes me cheesecake when I ask him to (I almost always ask for a blackberry cheesecake lol) even tho he detests cream cheese and therefore won't taste test it.
Can I get that recipe? Blackberry cheesecake sounds awesome! I love to bake, but cheesecake is one of those things I have not done well with. And it is my favorite! It irritates me to no end, but no recipe I have tried has turned out well for me.
MamaSkunk likes this.

June 7th, 2013, 07:46 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Karen I will have to ask DH what the recipe is as I sure don't know cause I suck at making cheesecakes lol. That's why I think its so funny he is so good at it since he hates cheesecake and anything with cream cheese

June 7th, 2013, 08:28 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Yum! I love cheesecake! What kind did he get you?

June 8th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Dutch Caramel Apple Streusel... soooooooooooo amazing. I think I want that for my bday cake. I really don't like cake, so we always do a bday cheesecake.

June 8th, 2013, 08:58 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw! My SO has been amazing too. Its been really tough since we got home from the hospital. The first night home he went to get my medication and surprised me with a pot of pretty purple flowers and a card that he wrote a novel in. He wrote everything that I desperately needed to hear. He also brought home klondike bars.
June 8th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a sweetheart. Our men certainly can be irritating at times, but then they do something like that and it reminds you why you love them.

The other night after dinner, I told DH I had a bit of a sweet tooth and asked if we had anything. He said he didn't think so and went downstairs. I didn't even realize he'd left until he came back into our room with a box of my favourite donuts (honey cruller, YUM). It was such a thoughtful thing to do.

As a side note, I've been losing weight as well this last month - a pretty amazing feat considering I've been eating things like donuts and pizza and popcorn, haha. I've gone from 214 lbs down to 209 lbs. I started this pregnancy at 205, so I'm only 4 lbs over that now. My midwife hasn't said anything about the weight loss, so I figure it's not really a concern. Just means less weight to lose after the baby is born!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search