Whose idea was this?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2013, 03:15 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
leaving me alone in charge of eight children, I mean. sheesh! I'm really thankful DH was able to spend so much time at home. John is still not nursing, so the whole operation of offering the breast, then feeding, then pumping, then cleaning up takes just about an hour out of every three. It's a full time job, and now my best helper had to leave today. He will be out for two weeks, then after that on a more-or-less regular schedule of seven days out, one day home. It's going to suck, but after he gets more experience and we get caught up on bills (I hope!) he will be able to take more home time.

Other than the trouble bf'ing, John is doing really well. He has regained his birth weight, jaundice has cleared up, he's such an angel- a really good baby. I'm doing ok, some days feel really good, other days feel like crying all day. Lovely post-partum hormones. My bp is still really high, but staying stable in the 160's over 100's. My doctor wants me to have some more testing done to rule out something like an aneurism, waiting to hear when I see the cardiologist. I was telling every doctor I saw for the last two months that my hypertension was NOT pregnancy-induced. I'm thankful that they believe me now, pissed that they didn't manage me better. Might have avoided the week in the hospital and the induction.

So, that's a quick update on us. I'm sorry I don't reply to all the posts but it is so exciting to meet all the babies! Love and blessings to all...

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

June 8th, 2013, 03:58 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Of course you are busy with a house full!! I'm glad your doctor wants to do some more testing for your blood pressure. KUP on how that goes.
June 8th, 2013, 04:50 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the update! I can't imagine keeping up with 8 kiddos. I am exhausted with my 3. I am crossing my fingers and saying prayers that the blood pressure problems get better and there isn't anything else major going on.

Keep us posted on how you are doing

June 8th, 2013, 07:29 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Thanks for the update Hun. I hope you get things figured out with your BP.

June 8th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You are doing the exact BFing thing I am doing, only I have to do it every 2 hours. I only have one other kiddo, that's hard enough. You're lucky that John will nurse for any length of time. Rowan exhausts himself too quickly and then won't take the bottle. So for right now I am exclusively pumping. I hate it so much. I just want to nurse him.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search