Two kids in carseats question

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2013, 09:46 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, we just installed the baby's carseat. My 5 year old is in a Britax Frontier with Side Impact Protection so it is kinda wide. She has always been in the middle and I am feeling guilt that she can't stay there. I am wondering what side I should put her vs the baby? My dd is 5 but she still needs me to unbuckle her and of course buckle and tighten her. I was thinking baby behind me so I can get her easily but I will have to walk around to unbuckle dd. Right now I have baby behind passenger since it is easier now there and I don't know when Eva will be coming. My dd is all sad bc she loves being in the middle bc she can see out the front good.

What side would you put the baby?

June 9th, 2013, 10:00 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I think I'm leaving Connor behind me, we're in a minivan though, so 2 captains chairs, there is no middle. When I had the explorer, and with DH's car (a camry) Connor has always been in the middle.

It's easy for me to hand stuff back to Connor (he's still rear facing) when he's directly behind me, so for now, I'm leaving it that way and will put baby in the other captains chair. I don't think it matters which side they go on in the Camry, however, I've heard others say that it's easier for them to hand things to an older child - one who is forward facing - when they are across from, and not directly behind, the drivers seat.

June 9th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I kept Lillie (forward facing) behind me and put Aidan behind the passenger seat. I frequently hand Lillie my phone and it is much easier to do so with her directly behind me cuz I can just reach over my head instead of having to turn around.

#1, 4, 5, 7

Last edited by Mom2LillieAidan; June 9th, 2013 at 10:08 AM.
June 9th, 2013, 11:13 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a mini van and I have my oldest DS in the very back (it was so hard to move his carseat so far away, i still get teary eyed thinking about it), my DS2 is behind the drivers seat, and the baby will be behind the passenger seat. My DH is really tall and he is the one who drives most of the time and he cant have the drivers side seat back far enough to allow for the infant carseat behind him.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
June 9th, 2013, 03:17 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
When I had my SUV, I put Lily forward facing (she was 3 at the time) behind the passenger seat. Abri was rear facing in the middle as an infant. I had an easier time handing stuff to Lily with her in the passenger seat. I needed Abri in the middle because she despised car trips for months so half the time I drove with one hand on the wheel and the other trying to keep a pacifier in her mouth while she cried.
June 9th, 2013, 04:26 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you guys! I guess I will have to try it out and see.

June 9th, 2013, 08:06 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
according to my car manufacture there is not a spot to put the carseat in the middle
so DS will be behind the passenger seat as i find it easier to hand him something that way
DD will be behind me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search