Last minute baby stuff

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By MissyBee
  • 3 Post By sunnydaze

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2013, 07:17 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For those still pregnant, what last minute stuff are you trying to get done before your little one shows up?

I decided on a whim today to make a giant vat of pasta sauce to freeze in meals. I had washed and pulled too much basil, so I also made a pesto sauce for dinner tomorrow. Other than that, I think we're pretty ready to roll. Just wondering what else you all are doing and if there is something I have forgotten without even realizing it.

June 9th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Rochelle
As we speak I'm washing some more baby stuff and then I'll be caught up with that. I pulled out the bassinet that I'll use around the house during the daytime. I need to still finish packing our bags but it will take only a few moments and some of it is in the wash. About to print out my people to contact list in case I'm too loopy from perkoset and morphine after the c/s to remember phone numbers.

Besides that baby stuff I need to finish getting the home organized and cleaned. I'm making very slow progress on that bc of the pinched nerve in my back. Also, I try not to stand too long so my ankles won't swell.

IF I get the house the way I want it and still haven't had baby then I may contemplate making freezer meals but I'm not pushing it.

Oh yea, and I'm going to be making my cloth wipes soon. I'm kind excited about that I may even work on it tonight but probably not.

And sometime soon I'm going to nag DH to detail the car.
June 10th, 2013, 12:05 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still am trying to get the house in order and cleaned the way I want it. But its been difficult the weather has been rainy and dreary for weeks and so I've been lacking in motivation to do anything and when its nice I've been hauling my butt outside lol. I also need to get a list printed up of DDs daily routine for whoever ends up watching her. Also need to get car seats switched around(DH says why worry and do it now when he can install it while I'm at the hospital but I won't wait that long lol)
Also need to double check my hospital bag and try and make sure I have everything I need.

June 10th, 2013, 01:22 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're just trying to get the house clean. It seems that in order to get one room clean, we make a huge mess in another! (And sometimes one that was already cleaned & organized.) Ugh. I'm kind of to the point of not being able to do much, so I told my husband whatever we get done is great, but we may not get everything done. Or little man may stay in past his due date and we could get it all done. We will just have to wait and see! Either way, the house is much cleaner and in better shape than we were a few months ago. Though he says we're the only people who know that. Bc it still looks a mess! Haha.
Mom2LillieAidan and 4hearts like this.
June 10th, 2013, 04:05 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel better because we got a huge to do list mostly completed yesterday.

I placed another amazon order with little things we needed like an extra carseat base, memory card, bath tub insert, etc.

I still want to rewash all her 0-3 month clothes because we bought a new dresser, washed and put her clothes away, and now they stink like the varnish of the wood. So I am going to rewash them and let the drawers air out for a few days.

I also need to check my hospital bag as I was throwing in so many clothes the other day I think I need to check it. I also need to pack my daughter's grandparent bag. Other than that we are good.

I still have not made any freezer meals, but I may do that this weekend if I am still preggo.

June 10th, 2013, 04:29 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have yet to pack a hospital bag so I should get that done but I think I am going to wait until I am actually in labor or about to be induced. I think everything for this baby is done. I need to go buy a few more small inserts for our cloth diapers, which I am thinking about doing after my appointment today. I also want to get the house deep cleaned before she gets here but I will wait on that until I know she is coming soon otherwise it would be pointless.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
June 10th, 2013, 06:51 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
We went to the storage unit this weekend and pulled out the essentials we will need when she gets here; the car seat, travel swing, bouncer, pack n play/bassinet....since we'll still be living with the ILs for a few weeks after she's born, there's not much else I need to do!

June 10th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy

I've been stranded on the couch for the last couple days and I'm afraid I'll be riding out the next 6 days til my Csection here so Ive been doing sit down crafts. Currently I'm working on this mobile.

June 10th, 2013, 02:01 PM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
we still have to install the car seat. I also ordered some more cloth diapers that i will need to prep once they get here before the baby comes (I think I will be too busy afterwards, plus I want them to be ready for her!).
DS: '98, DD: '00, DD: '13, & TTC #4

June 10th, 2013, 05:47 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I need to finish sewing bedding but I've made tons of progress there. I need to wash sheets, swaddle blankets, and burp cloths. I need to wash the newborn and 0-3 month clothes. I also need to wash all my tiny diapers. We need to put up the wall decal for his name, but we're waiting til the bedding and washing gets done in case my mom needs to help me put it away (we're keeping the name secret from my family). I still have a mobile I need to make and curtains but those might be after the baby is born. Carseat needs to be installed. And I need to finish packing my hospital bag. I have a few things in there but not much.
June 10th, 2013, 09:57 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
cleaning, take pictures, sleep, lol

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search