Update on us!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First...sorry for taking so long. My life has been nothing but a whirlwind since the moment the boys came into this world.

So things haven't quite gone as planned. First I went into the hospital for the planned induction on the 4th. I was already contacting every 3 to 5 minutes but not in active labor. So Pitocin ran all night. At 9am.. still 1cm, contracting every 2 to 4. Ugh so my OB wanted to put in a folley balloon to get things moving past 4 cm. She came back at noon. I was at 4 and she broke my water. came back at 6pm. Still at 4. Made no progress. I break down and get the epi. That was HORRIBLE. Worse than the contractions.

The epi majorly failed. I was barely numb on one leg only. My hip was hurting me so bad it was throbbing I was in severe pain. The tried to fix it a few times and it didn't work. So they wanted to re-do it. I was not up for this so my ob comes back and asks what I want and I said not an epi again. So I chose a c-sec

I was so upset I felt I was failing them but honestly the epi was causing me such horrible pain that I chose a spinal and c-sec. I'm still devastated by this but the pain I was in was unbearable. The hip pain was the worst and the idea of getting the epi again only to have it potentially fail again and then have to have a spinal and c-sec anyway. I couldn't do it.

The c-sec itself wasn't that bad. I was crying uncontrollably during all of it. Mostly out of feeling like I failed at the delivery part.

Babies were born at 8:06 and 8:07pm on June 5th Nolan was 6lb 8oz and Corbon was 6lb 13oz. I lost a lot of blood. My ob came in and wanted to transfuse me if my levels didn't stabilize but they did so she said it was up to me. I didn't know what was going on really and the nurses felt like I was doing ok so I didn't at first. Friday night I was still feeling pretty bad as in I was tired, weak, my mind was foggy and I just decided to get it. I felt SO SO SO much better. Within minutes. For the first time since the babies were born I felt like I was actually able to take care of them. Before then it was so bad. My poor DH was doing everything he could but he couldn't keep up with taking care of the babies and me. It was bad.

It really impacted life with the babies. I was having a hard time nursing. They both had latch issues. Corbin is still struggling. He has lost a lot of weight. We're having a rough time. He cries and cries all the time but I can't comfort him at all. When I hold him he screams to nurse but we try and he screams more. It is really bad. I think he may have reflux or something because he screams like he is pain. He does need to be burped A LOT more than Nolan. I think things are slowly getting better. Corbin nursed for 30 minutes tonight and then slept two hours right after. That has only happened one other time.

We have to go back to the hospital tomorrow for labs because their levels were high and they are very concerned since they both keep dropping weight. I hope things are all ok. It kills me that I can't help Corbin. I hate to hear him cry and know that I can't give him what he wants. I want so badly to just make him all better.

As for the c-sec. I'm doing ok. Just REALLY REALLY sore. My belly is still huge I can't wait for that to go down and hopefully feel normal.

Like I said just a whirlwind. I'll post pictures soon.

edited:

Nolan is on the left, Corbin on right

Last edited by loveneverfails; June 9th, 2013 at 08:20 PM.
June 9th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! Im sorry things didnt go as you wish they did all that matters is that your babies are here and are healthy, you did a good job mommy.. Wishing you a fast recovery Hun, can't wait to see pics!

Last edited by Gen88; June 9th, 2013 at 06:56 PM.
June 9th, 2013, 07:09 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats hun. Glad your feeling better. Don't feel bad about the c section. As long as they got here healthy is all that matters. Can't wait to see pics of them both. And hopefully you find out what's going on with Corbin soon and get it resolved. Hugs!!

June 9th, 2013, 07:11 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Please don't feel like you were a failure for having ac-section. I know personally that it can feel that way but you are in no way a failure. I think you are more like frickin' super woman for carrying those babies so long.

I am so sorry to hear about the latch issues and possible reflux for little Corbin. Joce had really bad reflux, we eventually had to put her on some liquid prevacid and it really helped her a lot.

I can imagine your whole life is a whirlwind right now, but I am so glad you came to update us! Post a picture when you get the chance. I bet they are beautiful!

June 9th, 2013, 07:12 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Hugs Hun!! You did what you needed to in order to get your boys here safe! Can't wait to see pictures and wishing you a speedy recovery!

June 9th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Super Mommy
First, congratulations!! Second, you are most definitely NOT a failure! I think most of us under those circumstances would take the same route you did, labor pain is no joke! I can only imagine how much more so with twins. Everything will be well soon, I'm sure of it!
June 9th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Rochelle
I'm so sorry you've had a rough go at things. You did great though. You are so good to be nursing twins while recovering from a c/s to begin with. I hope everything turns out ok tomorrow and that they start having an easier time BFing.

and I'll be thinking of y'all!
June 10th, 2013, 01:28 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your handsome little boys!!! I'm so sorry things didn't go as planned but I don't blame you one bit for getting a csection. I've had two failed epidurals before and the pain is so much worse than just going without. Hugs!

As far as Corbin's feeding, I would seriously ask about possible reflux. DS acted the same way and BFing was a huge chore until we figured it out and put him on Prevacid. Keep us updated mama!

June 10th, 2013, 02:55 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry that things did not go as planned but I totally think you made the best choice for you and your babies. HUGS! I hope that you can resolve the feeding issue, these first few weeks are the hardest.

June 10th, 2013, 04:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Can I ask what the spinal was like? I had epidurals with both my previous pregnancies and it took them 3x to get it right, but they worked wonderfully when they did. However, my doc said it might be easier to just get a spinal this time since the needle is smaller and it's more foolproof.

What was the recovery from that like? did you feel anything at all?

June 10th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The spinal was AMAZING! I was in such pain from the epi and I was terrified it would feel like the epi but it was SO easy. One prick and it was done. In minutes I was numb. It was weird because it was very strong and I was numb up to my neck and my fingers felt prickly. I could still move my arms and was allowed to hold the babies on my chest in the OR. It made me very very sleepy. After the babies were born I almost fell asleep. I actually almost did while they were being born. I thought I would be nump for a long time but within the hour in recovery I could move my legs again although I was weak. I didn't really notice all of that though because I was occupied with the babies. Overall it was very easy. I would do it again in a heartbeat over having that epi again with the same results.
June 10th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you! I've been really scared with everyone's horror stories of itching and vomiting and feeling like they couldn't breath LOL you helped me a lot!

June 10th, 2013, 07:09 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry it's been such a rough time! I'll be praying that they both start gaining weight and that Corbin will do better with eating! You may not have gotten the delivery you wanted, but you're still a beastly mama in my books. Carrying TWINS that long that came out full term and at such great weights?! You are AMAZING! You didn't fail AT ALL. I don't know how you did it. I am ready to lose is at 38 weeks with one baby in here. You should be so proud! Keep us updated on how you and they are doing!

June 10th, 2013, 07:24 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't beat yourself up...you delivered 2 beautiful, healthy baby boys. Even though childbirth doesn't always go according to your plan, the end result is what really matters. Glad you are recovering okay, and I hope that your boys figure out BFing soon.

June 10th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaze View Post
Thank you! I've been really scared with everyone's horror stories of itching and vomiting and feeling like they couldn't breath LOL you helped me a lot!
I was nervous too but when the epi was so bad I knew there couldn't be anything worse than that for me.

I did itch A LOT the next day. Mostly on my belly and arms but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. It got better after I showered and got moving. I also couldn't really feel myself breath during it but I made it a point not to think about it until I was ready. After they had the oxygen on me I took a moment to try and see if I could feel myself breathing and I couldn't but allowing myself to understand that relaxed me. I did not feel a single thing during it hardly any pulling and tugging at all. When they pulled the babies out I did feel a lot of pressure on my chest but it wasn't bad and at that point actually reminded me that I was breathing. Haha.

*Thank you everyone for your kind words. So far the babies are still losing weight Corbin is down a pound and an oz but the pedi thinks that the issue was due to me having a rough few days after delivery and my milk came in last night. He thinks if it had come in Friday night or Sat we wouldn't even be having this problem. We go back for lab work tomorrow and then a weight check on Wed. Cross your fingers that things turn around*
June 10th, 2013, 04:34 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Congrats!!! You did an amazing job carrying those babies. I'm glad your milk has come in. Hopefully that will be just the thing they need to bump up their weight. If reflux continues to be an issue, know that there are several meds that can help. Zantac is a common one, but Prevacid was a lifesaver for us.
June 10th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You rock Katie! !! I am so glad to hear you& your boys are healthy. I hope they start eating like Champs and gaining their weight back! You take care of yourself

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search