New mommies: post your updates here

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is everything going? How is baby sleeping? How often does (s)he eat during the day? At night? FTMs, how are you adjusting to mommy hood? BTDT, how are big brothers/sisters handling the new addition? Do you have any help around the house (DH/SO, family, friends)? Any questions, comments, etc?

Everything is going pretty well. We've had two overnights without daddy home and we've survived, working on some semblance of a routine.
Aidan is sleeping about 18-20 hours a day, which is pretty normal I think. He wakes to eat and I try to keep him awake a bit during the day so he'll go right back down after eating at night.
He eats every 1-3 hours during the day and about every 2 1/2-3 hours at night.
Lillie wasn't sure about him at first, she thought he was replacing her and that we were going to just give her away. Since we've showed her that's not the case, she has been great. She loves to hug and kiss him and sing to him. She's not overly eager to help but she will do what I ask most of the time.
I have my mom and my SO to help when they're here. SO has been working stupid hours since going back to work on Friday, so he's been gone a good bit. But my has been great. She's really awesome about helping with Lillie, especially if I'm busy feeding Aidan (which is most of the time) and has been taking care of most cooking and the dishes.

#1, 4, 5, 7

Last edited by Mom2LillieAidan; June 10th, 2013 at 01:04 PM.
June 10th, 2013, 02:39 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey there

Grayson is doing great. We had his 2 week checkup today, he has gained almost a pound in a week, so he weighs 7 lbs 8 oz now. He got the green light on his WBC to get his circ done today also. They gave him some sugar on his binky to suck on while it was being done, so he is currently sleeping in his carseat in a sugar-coma,

He is sleeping most of the day. Probably 20 hours. He eats a lot, every 1 1/2-2 hours in the day and 2 -2 1/2 hours at night. Siblings are doing a lot better than I anticipated, so I am pretty excited about that. Gabriel is very helpful and likes to get Grayson the pacifier and carry his carseat when we leave anywhere. Jocelyn is also very helpful.

I don't have much help. DH went back to work. So it is just me. The kids are in part time preschool 3 days a week so that helps to just have those days for me and Gray bonding time

June 10th, 2013, 03:34 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anna is doing wonderful now that we're supplementing. That first night she was awful, but it's because she was so hungry! She's eating about every two hours because we HAD to feed her every two hours - Dr's orders. She's still good at latching and will stay on the boob for a while just for the hell of it, haha. I know she's not getting much.

Anyway, she's sleeping really well, but I know that'll change if we ever get my milk supply to increase enough to get rid of the formula.

I think I'm doing okay at adjusting to mommy-hood. I love it. Every squeak she makes makes me smile. I still feel pretty unprepared, but I know as long as I keep her fed, dry, and safe that she'll be just fine.

SO helps out a lot. He's still getting frustrated when he can't get her to stop crying or when he's changing her before she gets her bottle and she's screaming. I know it's normal for him to be this way, I just wish he would understand that if he's frustrated, she knows it. My mom has also come over a few times to help out around the house since SO is working.

Otherwise things are good. I have to start a new antibiotic today. The culture of my incision came back with two different bacteria and the new antibiotic should work better. It's feeling better, though. So that's good.
June 10th, 2013, 05:08 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is everything going? Everything is going great so far - we are settling into a pretty nice routine right now. Not sure what will happen when we have to add in outside events and actually DOING things but we are doing good in our little stay at home pattern. LOL
How is baby sleeping? Jackson sleeps about 20 hours a day as well right now - so not problems with sleeping. LOL
How often does (s)he eat during the day? About every 2 hours during the day and 3 1/2 - 4 hours at night
BTDT, how are big brothers/sisters handling the new addition? JD is doing so good and even tries to help with lullabies. I am really impressed/surprised.

Do you have any help around the house (DH/SO, family, friends)? I have lots of help available and had people here every night with me the first week but the past two days we've been on our own. DH works nights but I have him until late afternoon each day for help.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search