update! hubby coming home today!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2013, 12:21 PM
First time mommy :)
Finally after 6 months my husband will be home tonight! I am so excited to put his son into his daddy's arms! His flight gets in at 8:30pm, so he should be here around 10 or so. 8 hours!!!

Axel is doing great. I can't get him to latch onto my breast still, as soon as he gets his mouth around it, it goes flat and he spits it out. We have been working on it a little every day but not having any progress. I am tgoing to look for a lactation consultant in the area and get some help because pumping is taking over my life. I can't go more than 5 to 6 hours without being so full that milk just pours out everywhere! But he is eating a lot, about 8 times a day he eats 2 to 3 ounces. I know that's a lot but if I give him any less he gets so fussy until he gets more. He is keeping it all down and pooping and peeing very regularly. He is usually awake from about 7 to 10:30am for playtime and tummy time. He can already scoot off of the pillow! And again from about 8pm to 11pm for more playtime. He sleeps in 3hr intervals during the day, and about an hour to two hour shifts at night. I am really looking forward to my husband being home for night time help!! It's hard work but just as wonderful as I thought it would be.

He has had some gunky eye problems so we had to have the doctor give us something for it. It is clearing up for the most part. He does have some dry flaky skin around his hands and feet that I am not sure what to do about? The doctor told me not to use soap or lotion so I haven't been, but is there anything else I could use to help it get some moisture?
June 10th, 2013, 12:28 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hooray for your husband coming home!!! I am so excited for you! I know what waiting for that is like! As far as the pumping goes, 5-6 hours is a long time between pumping sessions. I EPed for DD and pumped every 2-3 hours for about 20 mins each time. It kept me from being so full that it hurt and things were messy. And I was able to store milk, too. My concern with only pumping every 5-6 hours would be that your milk supply will adjust to that and you may find that if he is able to latch and start nursing, that you may not have milk in between those times when you haven't been pumping.

For the flaky skin, have you tried rubbing it with baby oil and a soft washcloth? We used baby oil and a soft brush on DD's scalp to keep her from getting that funky flaky head stuff and it worked like a charm. We never had a problem with it. I would bet the same thing would work on other skin.

Good luck and enjoy your happy reunion!
Rissa6213 likes this.

June 10th, 2013, 01:29 PM
phantomsgrl11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First off YAY to DH coming home! =) That is so exciting!

As for the reason the doc said not to use anything on the hands is because babies put their hands in their mouth A LOT so they don't want you using lotion or anything on it that you wouldn't want to put in your babies mouth yourself. That was the way the doc explained it to me - if you wouldn't feed it to the baby, don't put it on babies hands. LOL

My first son had a clogged tear duct that gave us like a greenish goo that would leak all over his poor eye =( We had to massage his tear ducts and wipe it with a warm wash cloth. I even would express breastmilk into his eye but it cleared up on its own around 6 months. It was a pain in the butt, constantly cleaning it though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search