Did you poop?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did you poop during your baby's delivery?
June 10th, 2013, 09:17 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Yup.
Hopeful2BMommy likes this.

June 10th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH says i did, i honestly didn't notice.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
June 10th, 2013, 09:29 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
yep during all 3, I'm sure I will with #4

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

June 10th, 2013, 09:45 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I didn't notice either too much other stuff going on.

June 10th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Super Mommy
I honestly have no clue. I don't think I did, when I ask DH if I did he says no, but he could just be saving my modesty, lol! I went a LOT the nights before both of mine were born, so it's possible I didn't, I guess. You're using the same muscles though, so it's highly likely you will, it's also highly likely you won't give a sh*t. Plus the doctors understand how private we can be, and even if you ask if you're pooping, they'll say no, as they're wiping away the poo. They're cool like that.
June 10th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep.. But I never would've known if there hasn't been a mirror.

#1, 4, 5, 7
June 10th, 2013, 11:55 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I honestly had no clue if I had poo'ed when I had DD so I recently asked my DH and he said I did not. He also is not the type to lie to me either so I am confident that I didn't. However I had a real long labor and I had gone a few times while I was in labor. But I heard someone say the longer your labor the less likely you are to poo on the table because the hormones cause diarrhea and typically clean ya out.
But honestly I didn't care once I was pushing I just wanted her out!

June 11th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't didn't with dd bt I'm pretty sure I did this time...they let me eat way too much not to lol!

June 11th, 2013, 02:40 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no clue if I did with dd.

June 11th, 2013, 03:18 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
DH says I didn't with either of the girls, but he might lie. I doubt I did though because I had quite a bit of diarrhea at the start of both labors. That should have cleaned me out for a bit.
June 11th, 2013, 03:32 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am pretty sure I did. DH says he doesn't remember but you are using the same muscles so I would be surprised if I didn't. I thought I would care but in that moment I just wanted the babies out. The doctor and the nurses are used to it. One of my nurses actually told me if you didn't poop you weren't pushing right (unless of course you were already cleaned out).
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
June 11th, 2013, 05:00 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did with DD. I thought I would be mortified if I did, but I got over it very quickly. I wasn't even 100% sure I did until I asked DH, but he also told me they just pull away another layer of whatever it is they have on the bed there and keep on moving. It is the same muscles, so unless you get cleaned out beforehand, you probably will. And when you are holding Eli, you won't give it a thought.

June 11th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a feeling that I did. Sort of felt like it. Did not ask though and don't plan on asking DH. I needed to get her out. I couldn't do that while trying to hold the poo in. Glad to hear other ladies did. I know in our minds we probably think it is somehow dirty. The docs probably don't even notice it anymore.

June 11th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Super Mommy
i did when i had my son....i didn't know that i did but i felt the nurse wiping me so i asked my husband and he said yeah lol, not a lot but with all the pushing, and as someone already mentioned, you're using all the same muscles, so it's kind of bound to happen. but yeah the nurses/drs are very used to it and don't even say anything.
June 11th, 2013, 07:00 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, and DH was disappointed for some reason.
4hearts and laurenicole like this.

June 11th, 2013, 08:10 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
i know i pooped a lot before pushing started with DS though I remember them wiping up that area so I assume something came out
id imagine the same will happen with DD, its just the nature of the beast so to speak =)

June 11th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know for sure but I'm sure I didn't, I had so much diarrhea by the time I had her my stomach was empty. Lol

June 11th, 2013, 11:55 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I honestly don't know about with my first two. DF and I have a strict "stay up by my head" policy during labor and delivery so he wasn't looking and I couldn't tell. I asked the dr both times and they told me no but I have a feeling they say that no matter what lol.

This time, I'm confident I did not. I had so much diarrhea in the 5 days leading up to it my stomach was empty. But, again, if I did DF and I are completely clueless.

June 11th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My system began clearing itself out the night before I went into labor. I was hoping it meant show time soon. When I had Alex I was induced and I remember pooing a lot during the pre-induction stage. DH swears up and down that I did not poo at either delivery.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search