Confessions of the new mommy

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree52Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you still bleeding, Lyndsey? I totally want to get some, but the bleeding is stopping me (but it wouldn't stop DH if I gave the all clear).
June 14th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I confess that the babies never sleep in the arms reach co-sleeper. Its the swing or cuddle rocker thing on the pack n play.

DH and I spent 3 nights sleeping on the couch because getting in and out of bed for back to back feedings was too much work.

and I REALLY miss being pregnant and all I can think about is what is the best time frame with the twins to use our third embryo?? You would think after carrying twins and not having the birth I expected that I would be far from this thought.
Kim3 likes this.
June 14th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lindsay, you crazy girl lol. Did it hurt? How did it feel? Lol if u don't mind me asking. I tore when I had her and got stitches so I'm so nervous to DTD but boy I can't wait now that i Have my sex drive back lol. I'll give it 2 more weeks.

June 14th, 2013, 07:34 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Lisa, no I'm not bleeding anymore. I haven't been for a few days. Genesis I tore to but I healed very quickly. It was slightly uncomfortable but not too bad.
Gen88 likes this.

June 15th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
After a rough night where Arthur screamed until 4:30 am and wouldn't sleep, I confess that last night knowing I needed sleep and knowing I could get a good 4 straight hours of it if I slept with him in my arms on the couch, I skipped the whole put the baby in the crib portion, and just started out on the couch. Arthur and I slept from 11-3:30 and I feel MUCH more human because of it. I'm not going to make a habit of it, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do in order to not be dead on her feet...

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
June 15th, 2013, 03:41 PM
I confess I am in an awful mood. We left to go eat some lunch and the grocery store but my kids were screaming, my husband was irritated at me so I made a u-turn came home with Payson while they left. I am beyond unhappy with my husband right now.

June 17th, 2013, 12:11 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I confess many things......I hate getting up every 2-3hrs at night and dh sleeping through everything yet he yawns more than I do during the day. I hate dh playing games on his comp and phone every day and not helping. I hate this postpartum bleeding totally not fun or cool.....

I also confess that I wish my son did more than eat sleep and poo lol...I love looking at his eyes but can't do that when they're closed all the time.
Also that I've changed 95% of the diapers....

I confess I NEED.....WANT a break-

June 17th, 2013, 01:32 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2aidan View Post
I confess many things......I hate getting up every 2-3hrs at night and dh sleeping through everything yet he yawns more than I do during the day. I hate dh playing games on his comp and phone every day and not helping. I hate this postpartum bleeding totally not fun or cool.....

I also confess that I wish my son did more than eat sleep and poo lol...I love looking at his eyes but can't do that when they're closed all the time.
Also that I've changed 95% of the diapers....

I confess I NEED.....WANT a break-
At least your son is already here and healthy. And unfortunately lots of moms don't get help with their babies not even from the dads. And moms to newborns don't get breaks lol. Suck it up girl! There are those of us that are anxiously waiting the every two hour feedings and the fifty billion diaper changes. And sorry but all babies do is eat/sleep/ and poo lol
Mom2LillieAidan and zkat like this.

June 17th, 2013, 01:35 PM
I confess even though I am beyond exhausted I am so thankful I am able to provide for my sweet girl.

June 17th, 2013, 03:17 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not saying it's a bad thing as I enjoy watching his expressions while he sleeps. Mil helps out a lot just wish dh would. I want a break really so I can eat and maybe use the bathroom like its a chore...I barely eat as much due to feeding or tending to trey while everyone else enjoys their meal. I have to ask dh or one of the in laws to watch him while I just take a quick bathroom break. It's not my first child I know they're a lot of work but I live in a house with 4 other capable adults but am left to fend for myself

June 17th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow I am in a very similar situation to that and yet I don't come in here and complain about every little thing.. Imagine that. On top of the fact that I also take care of a toddler.. Hmm.. Just sayin...

#1, 4, 5, 7
June 17th, 2013, 03:52 PM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Lillie&Aidan View Post
Wow I am in a very similar situation to that and yet I don't come in here and complain about every little thing.. Imagine that. On top of the fact that I also take care of a toddler.. Hmm.. Just sayin...
Wow! Way to be supportive! I am a first time mom and one of my biggest fears is that hubby will not help me and I will be left to do this on my own. I also have to go back to work full time shortly after and am beyond scared of balancing that and I hate the idea of someone else raising my child, but I have no choice. People could say you have no right to complain about anything because you get to stay at home with your babies. Of course I am looking forward to having a baby and I know what I am getting myself in to, but we are human beings!

This board is supposed to be about support. I would be extremely upset as well if I was in her situation. The title of this thread was confessions, you have to expect that moms get frustrated at times. We all have complaints no matter our situation, and who better to try and connect with and get a little understanding from than other moms.
Baby #2

Last edited by slp2012; June 17th, 2013 at 03:55 PM.
June 17th, 2013, 09:16 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I confess: Bodhi just finished a 3 hour nursing marathon and I am physically and emotionally spent from it! And I have a clogged duct under my arm that is driving my crazy - I can't seem to unclog it with any of the usual tricks.
June 17th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I confess that I have so far survived my first night completely alone with two kiddos! I managed dinner for Lillie and I, bath time and bedtime (while nursing Aidan) for Lillie, and what I hope to be the start of a bedtimey pattern for Aidan: jammies, diaper, and feeding, all by 8:30. Then pumped, cleaned the kitchen and washed the pump & bottle he used earlier.

#1, 4, 5, 7
June 18th, 2013, 06:20 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I confess that I was so tired yesterday that I forgot to wear deodorant... and I NEVER do that. (I just got out of the shower and put some on, so I am feeling much better.)
Kim3 likes this.

June 18th, 2013, 11:13 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMama View Post
I confess that I was so tired yesterday that I forgot to wear deodorant... and I NEVER do that. (I just got out of the shower and put some on, so I am feeling much better.)
LOL I SO did that on Saturday... only I didn't realize it until about 3PM when I was walking around an outdoor mall in 85 degree heat! I was like "OMG someone STINKS! HOLY CRAP IT'S ME" LOL

I confess that I have been using my c-section as an excuse not to do laundry or clean the bathroom. I could totally do it, but I lie to DH and tell him that it hurts me to bend over. Then when he runs out of clean clothes for work, he finally gives in and does the laundry. Its my little payback for him not helping with the baby, EVER. Haha. Wow, I sound like a B, huh?
Kim3 likes this.

June 18th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I confess I have a pink addiction. Sweet baby girl has been dressed in pink and white every day since discharge from the hospital.

July 1st, 2013, 06:28 AM
Bump

July 1st, 2013, 09:04 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I am using breastfeeding as an excuse to eat everything in sight. I am starving all the time! I don't feel too guilty because I am 4 pounds away from my pre-preggo weight at 2 weeks post partum.
beatlechicksteph likes this.
July 1st, 2013, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCrafty View Post
I am using breastfeeding as an excuse to eat everything in sight. I am starving all the time! I don't feel too guilty because I am 4 pounds away from my pre-preggo weight at 2 weeks post partum.
I confess the same thing! The other day I made DH and I pack the baby up to go get ice cream. When he asked why, I said, "I'm breastfeeding, I need the calories."

I also confess that with as fussy as Arthur has been this last week, I was MORE than happy to hand him off to DH yesterday morning while I went to church. Of course, Arthur chose yesterday morning to be a little angel and he slept the whole time, except for the two times he needed to be fed. And then when I got home, he chose to be incredibly fussy again. *sigh*

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search