A little sad

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2013, 02:06 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got back from the hospital a little while ago after my dad had another surgery. It doesn't look like he is going to be out of the hospital until at least Friday. Lena will be here sometime between now and Friday, meaning my parents will be completely MIA when she arrives. It is really disappointing. I'm not upset with them or anything. Obviously, it's not their fault and I really want my dad to get better, but it stinks that they basically won't be around. On top of that, my aunt and uncle, who are like my second parents and are going to be helping us out with DD if I got into labor before Thursday night, are leaving to go to my grandparents' house 3 hours away from Friday morning until Sunday evening. They are kicking their butts trying to get the house painted and fixed up to sell since my grandpa passed away in April. I know it has to get done, but it sucks that they won't be here either. My brother lives an hour away and he is leaving for vacation on Saturday for a week. Again, disappointing. He works really hard in a high pressure job and needs a break, but I wish my family could be here. I am really excited that my sister will be here, but I am not sure how much time she'll be able to spend with us. My friends will probably stop by to visit, but it's not the same as having my family with me. DH's family won't be coming until next month.

I don't expect the world to stop bc I'm having a baby or anything like that, but it's hard that I won't be able to share this time with the people who mean the most to me. When DD was born, my parents, my sister, and MIL were in the waiting room. My brother came the next day. We were also 4 hours away from my family. My aunt and uncle were there a few days after we got home from the hospital to stay for a couple of days, and the day she was 2 weeks old, we took her to surprise my grandma for her bday. This time, we won't have any of that. And it's really hard, too, that my grandparents won't be able to meet her. It feels like I am only excited about having a baby so I'm not pregnant and feeling like crap anymore. And I feel like she is getting ripped off, too, because no one will be here and no one is really able to be excited about her showing up bc there is so much going on.

Sorry to whine... again. She really needs to come so I have something else to think about.

June 11th, 2013, 04:47 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry. You have had a lot thrown at you this pregnancy. You will be in my prayers.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
June 11th, 2013, 06:07 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs hun. Just try to remember that it isn't like they won't ever meet her. They will meet her as soon as they all can. And yes its entirely true that more family will show up for a first child than a second or third etc.something to get used to I guess. Don't let it bother you so and spend the time bonding with Lena and letting the two sisters bond. You, your DH, your DD and baby are really the only family unit that needs to be there right away for all that bonding right away anyway.

June 12th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope you are able to enjoy the quiet time with Lena before all the family comes to meet her I'm sorry your father isn't doing well and that they won't be able to watch your DD. My mom is moving tomorrow and Friday and my dad is helping her, so while no one is ill in the hospital, i'm having to rearrange who will watch DD if something happens during that time. It really stinks when you have a plan in your head and it doesn't work out how you anticipated.

I hope everything goes well though despite the entire family not being able to be around for the birth. I'm sure it will be very special in its own way to be with your DD/DH and new baby

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search