Wednesday Memories :)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2013, 01:01 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Who was the first person you told you were pregnant?
Where were you when you found out?
Would you tell people differently the next time around?
What were you feeling when you saw that BFP?

June 12th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Who was the first person you told you were pregnant? I called a friend I met through JM when we were both pg with our 19 month olds. Then I told Mike when he got home from work.
Where were you when you found out? I was at home.
Would you tell people differently the next time around? Nope
What were you feeling when you saw that BFP? I was completely shocked. I had tested 3 days before and got a neg and had no pregnancy symptoms.

June 12th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Who was the first person you told you were pregnant?my husband
Where were you when you found out?my bathroom
Would you tell people differently the next time around?i doubt there will be a next time but if so I don't think so
What were you feeling when you saw that BFP?so excited and nervous that the outcome would be the same as the last...boy was I wrong in the best way

June 12th, 2013, 03:12 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who was the first person you told you were pregnant?My mom.
Where were you when you found out? In my bathroom.
Would you tell people differently the next time around? Yes. SO and I had broken up so I called my mom first. I always call my mom first when something big happens so it was instinct. If I ever got pregnant again, I'd tell SO first.
What were you feeling when you saw that BFP? Shock. I couldn't breathe for a second and just started shaking and crying. My mom thought I had been in a car accident.
June 12th, 2013, 03:48 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First person I told was my husband.
I was at home in our downstairs bathroom when I took the test and then ran upstairs as woke him up!
No, I wouldn't tell differently. We told our families (I have videos of telling my parents - so glad!) and some friends at first and then slowly told other people until we had the "big reveal" on Facebook. Haha.
I was in shock when the line showed up on the test. I couldn't believe it. I took it just randomly because I had been feeling kinda weird and realized I should have started my period that day. I never ever expected it to be positive! I totally started freaking out! I ran up to my husband saying "I need you to look at this... I think there's a line!"
June 12th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Rochelle
Who was the first person you told you were pregnant? Unfortunately someone I kinda wish I hadn't but what's done is done. Just a 'friend' of mine that I'm not too fond of ATM. I wish I'd told DH first.

Where were you when you found out? bathroom

Would you tell people differently the next time around? oh yea.. I'd have more will power to wait until DH got home to spill the beans to someone.

What were you feeling when you saw that BFP? Kinda already knew it bc I felt really strange that day. I was very excited and shaky though.
June 12th, 2013, 03:52 PM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who was the first person you told you were pregnant? my mom, i was actually on the phone with her when I checked the test. I figured it would be another negative so I only sort of glanced at it.
Where were you when you found out? at home.
Would you tell people differently the next time around? No.
What were you feeling when you saw that BFP? So excited and happy.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
June 12th, 2013, 04:48 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who was the first person you told you were pregnant? DH, I took it so early it was practically the middle of the night, so I got back in bed and told him. My mom was the first after that.
Where were you when you found out? In the bathroom in the house we were living in at the time.
Would you tell people differently the next time around? I would do the big family reveal differently. It didn't quite go as I had hoped. But I sincerely doubt there will be a next time.
What were you feeling when you saw that BFP? Very excited, but not surprised. I had been feeling off for several days by that point. I was just waiting for a time that I was more likely to get an accurate result.

June 12th, 2013, 06:58 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Who was the first person you told you were pregnant? DH

Where were you when you found out? In Rome, Italy. I kept my test because it's in Italian

Would you tell people differently the next time around? No- the way we told family was perfect. But the way work found out (I started gushing blood at work at 10 weeks) was less than ideal.

What were you feeling when you saw that BFP? Excited!
June 12th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

First, hubby. Second, a mutual friend.

I took my first test 9DPO at home while Brian was getting ready for work. I didn't tell him until that evening when I met him after work.

I would have told my dad earlier. I told my family at a family dinner and his feelings were hurt that he found out like everyone else.

I was so scared that it was a false+. It was early to test and I was terrified to get excited.
June 13th, 2013, 05:14 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Who was the first person you told you were pregnant? DH then 2 of my closest friends
Where were you when you found out? Home
Would you tell people differently the next time around? Nope
What were you feeling when you saw that BFP? Happy, excited, and relieved we were FINALLY pregnant!

June 13th, 2013, 07:55 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy
It was actually the coordinator for a pet rescue place I volunteered at. I was taking care of cats at a shelter once per week, and I wanted to tell her asap that I could no longer volunteer b/c of the kitty litter issue. I told my husband later that night, after the presidential debate b/c I didn't want to take his attention away from the debate...
In my bathroom
No I don't think so. Maybe I would tell hubby that I *think* I might be pg before I test, I think he felt left out when I told him that I already knew and had tested.
Amazement and disbelief. I checked the instructions vs the test about 50 times to be sure.

June 13th, 2013, 08:16 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Nolan, he told daddy

Bathroom

Yes and no

Oh ****!

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search