Grr... I could just punch him!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsLat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2013, 03:44 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DH, that is. My normally incredibly caring and sweet Alex is about to get smothered in his sleep.

So here is a synopsis of what I have been dealing with these past two weeks....

I can count the number of diapers he has changed on one hand. Actually I just need 2 fingers. Seriously. He has changed his diaper twice, and Grayson is 16 days old. And breastfed. He poops like its going out of style.

I bought a pump a week ago and have 10 bags in the fridge already... guess how many feedings he has done for me? One. O-N-E. And it was at 8pm. Not at 2am, 4am, or 6am when I could REALLY use the help. Last night he told me he would do the 2am feeding for me. Well when the baby starting fussing at like 1:45.. this was our conversation. Seriously.

Me: Babe, Grayson is waking up
Alex: Oh... you wanted me to do this feeding?
Me: Alex you said you would!
Alex: Oh... well I have been up with really bad heartburn and I am way tired. *snore*

So I did it. And seriously, thoughts of castration creeped into my mind.

For a week and a half he only worked half days and ended up taking 3 days completely off. Yet I still took care of all three kids BY MYSELF while recovering from a c-section. He spent all week catching up on shows and half-heartedly handing me things like burp clothes after I got spit up all over.

I could seriously punch him!

Ugh, sorry just had to get that out.

June 13th, 2013, 04:44 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, I would, too! Don't know what's going on there, but it sounds like you two need to have a comin' to Jesus moment or his safety may be in real jeopardy. Good luck! I hope he comes to his senses!

June 13th, 2013, 05:50 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Omg I would go off also if I were you!! My DH has his definite shortcomings for sure but thankfully he has always willingly helped with our DD. I hope he helps with lil man too.
I have a cast iron skillet if you wanna threaten him with it you can borrow it lol

June 13th, 2013, 05:56 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's the thing! He was soooo much better with Gabriel. I am like in disbelief over his behavior. *headshake*

I think I will take ya up on that Karry, I will come at him Tangled style, haha.

Heaven knows I love the man. Hormones are just getting the best of him.
MamaSkunk likes this.

June 13th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Super Mommy
I say you plop Grayson in his arms, tell him there's milk pumped and ready to go in the fridge and go shopping for a few hours. Don't answer your cell phone when he calls to whine. Seriously. He'll appreciate you more when he realizes how difficult it can be. Sometimes, I won't even ask my husband to do something with the kids, I just tell him. He scoffs sometimes, but I shoot him my dirty look and he shuts right up!
June 14th, 2013, 05:32 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, I would be so mad! I think you need to have a good old fashioned hissy fit to wake him up!

June 14th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Super Mommy
ugh i'm so sorry he's been like that. my dh can be like that at times too and it is so frustrating!
hang in there <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search