BF'ing Issues?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SassySami

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2013, 01:49 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Trey is "right boob'd" meaning he prefers the right over the left. Last night I felt so full that even after he ate I had to pump. He's preferred the right over the left up until this afternoon. Now he gets mad when he's on the right almost like nothing is coming out of but I can express some drops of milk. What could the issue be?

June 16th, 2013, 02:00 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Morgan has a harder time latching to the right for some reason. I cannot figure out why. This just started in the last week or so.

June 16th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Another thing is he's cluster feeding...almost every hour and he grabs the nipple and tries to suck and then gets mad like nothing is coming out. I know they say you produce based on supply and demand but could he be demanding it before I'm supplying it or could I just be misreading him thinking he's hungry and he's really just tired or wants to be held, etc?

June 16th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think Sebastian would suck sometimes just to pacify himself and actually spit the breastmilk out when he got full.

I'm sorry I am not of much help!

June 16th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Oh there are times I think he does the same as he starts to suck then he falls asleep without doing anything.

June 16th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
One of my boys liked the right - although I think it was because I was most comfortable holding him on that side. Ellianna has no preference but only ones to nurse one side at a time. I need to alternate each time she nurses - which means I am lopsided Once in a while I am lucky and she goes to each side. My first child though loved just to nuzzle by sort of sucking even when he was not hungry. Just wanted it in his mouth - all the time.

June 16th, 2013, 09:55 PM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Try a different hold, different holds can help with flow. He maybe getting impatient because he is not receiving the milk fast enough. Also try hand expressing a little bit before offering..

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

June 16th, 2013, 11:30 PM
I also realized after calling and talking to a lactation consultant that I didn't drink enough fluids yesterday and it could have been I was dehydrated which made bf'ing a bit difficult so I gotta remember to intake my fluids he's drinking from me

June 17th, 2013, 01:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post
One of my boys liked the right - although I think it was because I was most comfortable holding him on that side. Ellianna has no preference but only ones to nurse one side at a time. I need to alternate each time she nurses - which means I am lopsided Once in a while I am lucky and she goes to each side. My first child though loved just to nuzzle by sort of sucking even when he was not hungry. Just wanted it in his mouth - all the time.
My cousin is a L&D nurse and 12 years ago when I gave birth to Alex, she told me the best milk is the milk in the back, that it has a higher fat content and is best for brain development. So lopsided is better.

Again though, I don't know how true that is.

June 17th, 2013, 02:57 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
very true
bribugg13 likes this.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search